VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved AnyVideoConverter Free Download File Seems Too Big

AnyVideoConverter Free Download File Seems Too Big was created by ZenVisitor

Posted 04 Feb 2015 11:05 #1
I was following Derek's instructions in "How to Save YouTube Flash Videos with Realplayer" in which he advises installing AnyVideoConverter. He mentions that the file is very small but it was taking my browser a long time to download it and I began to worry that it wasn't a good file. My said it's 39MB and would take five minutes to download.

I just want to be sure this is a reasonable file size and that I should wait and allow it to download. I realize that Derek already had it installed so we weren't seeing him wait for the download. But I'm used to these files installing in a quick moment.

Otherwise it all looked normal. Granted Derek's tutorial is almost two years old so understandably the page didn't look identical to what he showed on his screen. But it looked pretty much the same.

Two questions:

1) Is AnyVideoConverter still the best one to choose? If not, what is recommended now?

2) If yes, then does this 39MB seem like a normal file size to download? (Does it seem like I should proceed?)

Regards,
Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic AnyVideoConverter Free Download File Seems Too Big

Posted 04 Feb 2015 14:56 #2
Hi Sue

As an alternative to the Realplayer Downloader, I still recommend Any Video Converter free edition.
You can download from this link:
www.any-video-converter.com/download-avc-free.php

They are a reputable website and the download should take less than one minute if you have a decent internet connection speed.
39MB is tiny by today's standards. Most YouTube videos you watch are many 100's of MBs.

If it is taking too long to download, there may have been a temporary problem with your Internet connection or the web server for Any Video Converter.
It is a good idea to regularly re-boot your Modem/Router and also clean your Internet History for your web browser. Specifically, you need to delete all your Browsing History, Cookies, Download History and Cached Images. Sometimes old Cookies can cause some websites to not work properly.

If you have never cleaned your web browser and don't know how, I can send you instructions. Just let me know which web browser you use.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Feb 2015 18:35 by DoctorZen

Replied by ZenVisitor on topic AnyVideoConverter Free Download File Seems Too Big

Posted 04 Feb 2015 15:47 #3
Thank you for the quick reply, Derek. I'll give it a go tomorrow and I'll let you know what happens.
Sue

Replied by ZenVisitor on topic AnyVideoConverter Free Download File Seems Too Big

Posted 06 Feb 2015 09:42 #4
Hi Derek,

I downloaded from your link -- and I'm glad we did it that way because it was definitely a different page than where I was starting to download from the other day.

This time it took just a few seconds to download, as expected.

By the way, this was before I did anything about cleaning the browser. I think we were on a bad page before. Your link gave me confidence, and worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!

Susan

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.708 seconds