VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How can I download this clip (realplayer doesn't do it)

This is a 22-second clip (once the ad finishes playing).

Link to yeti sighting clip.

It's not on youtube.

I downloaded RealPlayer so I could capture the clip. However, RealPlayer is unable to download the clip.

We followed Derek's advice that if we download and it doesn't work, don't do anything, just press 'download' again. However, I get the same error message that the video is unavailable.

Any advice on how I can download this?

Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How can I download this clip (realplayer doesn't do it)

Posted 04 Feb 2015 15:20 #2
You cannot download this video clip because it is blocked for downloading.
This is normal behaviour for major websites like CBS News. They are not dumb and know all the tricks in the book. They own the copyright on their video and don't want anyone else using it. If it was a YouTube clip, you would have been able to download it.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Feb 2015 15:20 by DoctorZen

Replied by ZenVisitor on topic How can I download this clip (realplayer doesn't do it)

Posted 04 Feb 2015 16:03 #3
Thanks, Derek. It's good to know it wasn't something we were doing (or not doing).

After your response, I went back to YouTube one more time for a final look for that news clip. I still didn't find it but I did find a good clip from the weather channel about the yeti that I hadn't seen in all my previous searches. It's a good one and I'll be able to use it.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How can I download this clip (realplayer doesn't do it)

Posted 04 Feb 2015 16:55 #4
There is a way to record videos that you cannot download.
What you do is use a Screen Recording program.
Play the video from CBS and make video full screen, then start recording software.

There are many different screen recording programs available - most cost money and some are free.
I will be making a new tutorial soon about a great free program for screen recording.
It's called Open Broadcaster Software, however it is very technical to set up and get going and you will need a good tutorial to use it.

Stay tuned :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ZenVisitor on topic How can I download this clip (realplayer doesn't do it)

Posted 06 Feb 2015 09:45 #5
That sounds great. I wondered if it were possible to do something like that but didn't know how to proceed.

I look forward to your tutorial on it.

Susan

• Svendus
  • Svendus's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • To Live Means To Learn
  • Thank you received: 14

Replied by Svendus on topic How can I download this clip (realplayer doesn't do it)

Posted 13 Feb 2015 19:29 #6
Free Download Manager will do the job

[img
Last Edit:13 Feb 2015 19:30 by Svendus

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.983 seconds