VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro

Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro was created by CineMan

Posted 06 Feb 2015 03:46 #1
I want to make some slideshows for a film which will have parts where still images are inserted between video clips

I am using Vegas Pro 12 following How to Create a Custom Slideshow using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 on youtube. The youtube url did not appear

I know Vegas Pro 12 does not have slide show creator. I drop in the pictures and manually do video event pan crop

The cursor is not clickable. You seem to click it and the keyframe icon goes to where the cursor is?

Another thing I want ask is if I make zooms and pans on a series of stills, save and then insert them into the film at the suitable point If so what should they be rendered as?

If that will not work on Pro 12 could I do them on my friends Platinum 11 and put the into my Pro 12 timeline? If so what should they be rendered as.

The final product will be produced on DVD and maybe bluray as well. I am correct I only need open the .veg file and render it to different settings

I have win 7 64 bit Home Premium in case it is relevant

Thanks
Last Edit:28 Mar 2015 01:22 by CineMan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro

Posted 06 Feb 2015 08:49 #2
Hi CineMan

The youtube url did not appear
What are you talking about ?
The video plays perfectly OK, if this is what you mean ? Have you watched the tutorial ?
If you are having problems watching YouTube videos, which web browser and device are you using ?

The cursor is not clickable.
You need to double-click to create a key-frame.
Make sure Position is highlighted and not Mask, otherwise it will look like nothing is happening.
If you turn the Padlock ON (marked with red arrow), key-frames will automatically be created when you zoom in or out on the picture.

Any key-frames you create can be copied to another Event Pan/Crop window.
Drag dotted rectangle from end of key-frame timeline to beginning (right to left) on the Position level - then press CTRL + C to copy.
When you open a new Event Pan/Crop window, drag out new rectangle below and then press CTRL + V to Paste key-frames.

Another thing I want ask is if I make zooms and pans on a series of stills, save and then insert them into the film at the suitable point If so what should they be rendered as? If that will not work on Pro 12 could I do them on my friends Platinum 11 and put the into my Pro 12 timeline? If so what should they be rendered as.
I don't know what you are talking about here ? Both Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum can render the exact same type of project. You have nothing to worry about.

The final product will be produced on DVD and maybe bluray as well. I am correct I only need open the .veg file and render it to different settings
Yes you can render to different outputs using the same project file.
I have plenty of tutorials which show how to render to DVD or Blu-ray disc.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:06 Feb 2015 08:51 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by CineMan on topic Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro

Posted 06 Feb 2015 10:31 #3

DoctorZen wrote: Hi CineMan

The youtube url did not appear
What are you talking about ?
The video plays perfectly OK, if this is what you mean ? Have you watched the tutorial ?
If you are having problems watching YouTube videos, which web browser and device are you using ?

The cursor is not clickable.
You need to double-click to create a key-frame.
Make sure Position is highlighted and not Mask, otherwise it will look like nothing is happening.
If you turn the Padlock ON (marked with red arrow), key-frames will automatically be created when you zoom in or out on the picture.

Any key-frames you create can be copied to another Event Pan/Crop window.
Drag dotted rectangle from end of key-frame timeline to beginning (right to left) on the Position level - then press CTRL + C to copy.
When you open a new Event Pan/Crop window, drag out new rectangle below and then press CTRL + V to Paste key-frames.

Another thing I want ask is if I make zooms and pans on a series of stills, save and then insert them into the film at the suitable point If so what should they be rendered as? If that will not work on Pro 12 could I do them on my friends Platinum 11 and put the into my Pro 12 timeline? If so what should they be rendered as.
I don't know what you are talking about here ? Both Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum can render the exact same type of project. You have nothing to worry about.

Yes you can render to different outputs using the same project file.
I have plenty of tutorials which show how to render to DVD or Blu-ray disc.

Regards
Derek.

I meant the url did not show on this page
by CineMan

Replied by kiwihans on topic Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro

Posted 26 Feb 2015 17:05 #4
You might like to look at Proshow Gold from Photodex. I have this software program myself and works great for me! Yes, this program will let you insert both photo files and video clips on the same timeline. One great feature is that it will animate stills (automatically from a range of templates). You can use both HD and SD and make BlueRay presentations and SD DVD's. Altogether well worth considering!

kiwihans

Replied by sargan on topic Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro

Posted 23 Oct 2015 04:47 #5
If you use ProShow gold ........ do you then drop the output into Vegas ? ..........or make DVD/Blu-Ray disk direct
by sargan

Replied by kiwihans on topic Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro

Posted 23 Oct 2015 07:05 #6
Hi Sargan,

The Proshow software is completely self contained. It uses a timeline approach and when you have completed your program you can then make Blue Ray or standard DVD disks, or high definition video files -or whatever you want!

I suggest you download the latest trial version and have a play with it. Its easy to learn and has nice features.

Hans Gelton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sargan

Replied by CineMan on topic Making a customised slideshow in Vegas 12 Pro

Posted 23 Oct 2015 23:33 #7
I have some of my project created in Vegas already

" Yes, this program will let you insert both photo files and video clips on the same timeline." so will vegas
by CineMan

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds