VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Bit calculator for Blu-ray

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Bit calculator for Blu-ray was created by Peter

Posted 25 Feb 2015 11:15 #1
Hi to all,

Could some kind soul point me in the direction of a web based bit calculator that will indicate the maximum bitrate that maybe used for a Blu-ray disc burn.
I have used "Mark's DVD bit rate calculator.
With this utility - I did indicate a maximum available size of 25GB - but with a burn placing 14GB of video it only resulted in a maximum bitrate of 9Mb/sec with approx only 48% approx of the disc being filled. Presuming that is the maximum allowed for the DVD standard.

If "Mark's" utility maybe used - then an indication on how to have it take into account video recorded at 26Mb/sec would be great - and it supply a calculation based on that fact.

Many regards,

Peter
by Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Bit calculator for Blu-ray

Posted 25 Feb 2015 13:27 #2
You cannot use Mark's Bit Rate Calculator for Blu-ray.

I use this free web app to calculate for Blu-ray.
Take your time to learn it and experiment.
dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Svendus

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Peter on topic Bit calculator for Blu-ray

Posted 26 Feb 2015 10:29 #3
Hi Derek,

Yes, I did come across the utility that you mentioned - and did a few hypothetical "burns".
It does provoke thoughts on Blu-ray grade video.

As suggested - will meddle with it and most probably come up with more "What will that do if I do that?".

Regards,

Peter
by Peter

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Bit calculator for Blu-ray

Posted 26 Feb 2015 10:50 #4
I simply mean, take your time in learning how this Calculator works.
I don't have time to make a tutorial on this right now, so you are on your own in learning how to use it.
I will be coming back to this topic in the near future once I get some other new videos finished.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Peter on topic Bit calculator for Blu-ray

Posted 27 Feb 2015 10:52 #5
Hi Derek,

When I mentioned meddling and it giving rise to more questions - I did not mean that those would all be directed towards you (you suffer as it is), but would cause me to start ruminating with the permutations of the utility.

P
by Peter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.012 seconds