VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sony Vegas Studio Platinum Suite 13 - Upgrade from version 12 of same product.

Hello, this is more a question about how to install the software on two machines.
I currently have Movie Studio platinum suite vrs 12 installed from disc on to a PC and I am expecting to take delivery of a laptop later this week. I see from the Sony Vegas website link provided by this website that I can upgrade to vrs 13 via a download procedure. Thus avoiding the time waiting for the disc package / licences to be posted to me.
I am keen to pursue the download method and install vrs 13 on to the PC and on to the new laptop. I would therefore seek your advice as to the steps involved i.e. by selecting the download method rather than purchasing a software disc set, would I be given a vrs 13 licence code(s), also the opportunity to download the vrs 13 software suite (Movie Studio, Soundforge etc)on to the PC and then repeat the download on to the laptop. Then activate the software on both machines using the same licence(s). Or would I need to copy the downloaded software files from the PC to the laptop, run an install and then use the vrs 13 licences to activate the software on the laptop. Or for the laptop download the trial vrs 13, install and then activate the software using the licence code(s)?
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Brains

I always buy software as a download - there is no point in buying hard copies any more.
Make sure to create a Sony Creative Software Account (if you haven't already) before you make purchase and to login.
Then you will have instant access to all your downloads from inside of your account controls.

You only have to download your software once.
Then copy all the installation files to a USB drive and transfer to 2nd computer.
You only get one set of license keys which you will use to activate Movie Studio on both computers.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thank you Doctor Zen for suggesting the register/download/1st install/copy/2nd install process steps. Its much appreciated. Glad I found this website.
Cheers.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.733 seconds