VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Useing multiple Gopro cameras with different settings in Sony Vegas pro 13

• frodo
  • frodo's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
When i make a film in my Vegas pro 13 i know my settings on my GP cams, always 1080s-30t and settings in my Vegas is set to macth this,But what happend if i get a friends GP cam with different settings than me and use it in the same project?Will it work ? Or what should i do to make it work? Regard Frodo :unsure:
by frodo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Frodo

Can you give me some specific examples of the video files you are working with ?

Your Video File properties ?
Friends Video File properties ?

Meaning, Frame Rate and Frame Size.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Apr 2015 15:08 by DoctorZen

• frodo
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Hi Derek..Am shooting al my film with GP setting 1080p-30fps so i i set my Vegas pro to match that. but what happend if i get my friends GP cam and he have a different setting like 720p-60fps or 1080p-60fps .What am trying to ask..can i use multiple GP cam with different cam setting in the same Vegas pro projeckt?
by frodo

Mixing 30fps and 60fps together is much easier than 25fps & 30fps or 25fps & 60fps.

Ideally when mixing 30 and 60 together, you would set the Project Properties to 30fps and render/export to 30fps as well.
If you mix 30 and 60 together, but set Project to 60fps and render to 60fps, all the 30fps video is not going to look OK because 30 extra fake frames have to be added to get it up to 60fps.

Basically it is better to drop frames than get Vegas to add "fake" ones in.

I think is is OK to upscale 720p to 1080p video.
Whatever is the most common video frame size in the project, is what you should set the Project Properties to.
So if you have 80% 1080p and 20% 720p videos, set to 1080p.
If you have 80% 720p and only 20% 1080p, it is probably better to set project to 720p.

:cheer:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• frodo
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Thanks Derek :)
by frodo

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.800 seconds