VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Cannot run any Sony video editing software on my laptop

• Trevor
  • Trevor's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Cannot run any Sony video editing software on my laptop was created by Trevor

Posted 16 May 2015 15:08 #1
Hi
I have been using Vegas pro 10 on my 32bit pc since it came out I also have a copy of movie studio HD platinum 10 both programs are copies I bought and I have the discs and activation codes,I needed to do some work whilst on the road so installed Movie studio on my win 7 64bit laptop when installation is complete I click on the desktop shortcut I get the Sony splash screen telling me the program is loading and when it is complete a screen pops up saying Movie studio has stopped working what was I doing. tried many times the same thing happens uninstalled it and installed Vegas Pro 10 from the disc but the 64bit version and get the same results downloaded and installed Movie studio 13 trial from Sony and get the same results so I am stumped it seems to me that maybe something on my laptop is either blocking the program or maybe the specs are not good enough any help or advise will be appreciated.
Specs
Win 7 pro 64bit
Service pack 1
Windows Experience 4.6
Intel Core i5 2450M CPU @2.50 Ghz
Ram 4.00 Gb
Intel R HD Graphics Family (don't know if this is a card or a chip)
by Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Cannot run any Sony video editing software on my laptop

Posted 16 May 2015 17:57 #2
Hi Trevor

I am also using a Windows 7 64bit computer and have never had the problem you are describing.
It sounds like to me that you maybe missing an important Windows program on your laptop.
Both Movie Studio and Vegas Pro rely on many other background Windows program to work properly.

There is nothing wrong with the specs of your computer.
RAM is a little low, so make sure you don't have any other programs running at the same time you boot Movie Studio or Vegas Pro.
Intel HD Graphics is an integrated graphics solution that is part of your CPU - which means your CPU handles graphics processing as well as being a CPU - this is quite normal for many laptops, although a dedicated Nvidia or AMD Graphics card would be better.

My suggestions are that you manually open Windows Update and make sure all your Windows Updates are up-to-date.
It would also be a good idea if you ran a program like CCleaner to remove any garbage files from your laptop.
There is a free version of CCleaner you can download which is very popular and safe to use.
www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Another suggestion is that you un-install and then re-install this Windows program - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1
This is one of the important programs that helps make MS and VP work.
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40773
Another person on the forum here had a problem with Movie Studio crashing all the time. Sony Support suggested they do a clean install of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 and it fixed their problem. So it wouldn't hurt to try this as well.

Normally when people experience crashes out of the blue, I tell them to perform a full program reset.
This is like doing a clean install of the program without un-installing and re-installing.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

If none of these solutions work, you will have to contact Sony Support.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Jun 2015 18:04 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.829 seconds