VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved device error?

device error? was created by saxguru

Posted 23 May 2015 07:04 #1
Hey guys,
New to the forum. I tried burning a dvd from Movie Studio Platinum, watched it
render the video, then the audio, then I get "An invalid device was specified"
"The record device does not support the current input format".

Also, when i first open Movie Studio, a window pops up saying (see attch)

Is this a problem with my dvd burner, or is there a button I'm missing somewhere?
I tried "dvd with menu' as well, hoping it would say send to dvd architect, but instead,
I get the same message after rendering.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
PS. Is there a way to turn on 'manage project files' in an existing project, or can you
only do that when creating a new project?

Ah...graphics card. Never mind.
Last Edit:23 May 2015 08:55 by saxguru
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic device error?

Posted 23 May 2015 13:37 #2
Hi saxguru

The error message you uploaded is telling you that your Graphics Card is not good enough to process the Hitfilm Fx you have added to your project.
Hitfilm Fx require up to date Drivers and a compatible graphics card.
You may be able to fix this problem by updating the Drivers for your Graphics Card.
Right-click the Windows Desktop and look for Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center. Using either one of these programs, you should be able to download and install a more up to date Driver for your Graphics Card. Re-boot computer and then go back to Movie Studio and see what happens.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Jun 2015 18:03 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.764 seconds