VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Movie Studio Platinum 13 compatibility with Windows 10

:( I am concerned with the impending Windows 10 upgrade. I got a new pc i7, 16mgRAM, 2mgVideo Card and lot of memory to restart my video editing endeavors. With Win 8.1 (64) and now finally have all running nicely. I am learning HEAPs through MSzen. So when Windows 10 starts should I take that option or just leave it till any problems are sorted out?
Last Edit:28 Aug 2016 03:14 by Michael Holden
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 compatibility with Windows 10

Posted 29 Jul 2015 00:15 #2
Hi Michael

This is a great question.
Windows 10 Beta testers have already confirmed that Movie Studio Platinum 13 is compatible with new operating system.

However, my advise would be to wait a little while longer before deciding to upgrade or not.
There is no rush, because everyone has 12 months before the free upgrade expires.

There are other reasons why should wait.a few weeks or months. The main issues are going to be with external devices like Webcams and Microphones. You need to make sure that all your current Drivers are going to work or have new versions for the Windows 10 platform.

I am planning to write an article about this topic next week and also make a video, where I will explain everything you need to know.
Basically I am working on a BIG check list.

In the meantime, there is no need to re-invent the wheel if it is not broken.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Holden

Replied by Ronreimer on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 compatibility with Windows 10

Posted 01 Aug 2015 06:56 #3
Just today I had a discussion with a friend who is a professor at the famous Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and he mentioned that Windows 10 should be a more stable operating system, to use with my Vegas Pro 13, however, he advised to wait several more weeks as some bugs have apparently surfaced after the roll out this week. I am currently using WIndows 7 with my i5 processor and GPU card, and while I have learned things not to do, and to do, to keep Windows from going unstable while working in the program, yet it does occasionally for no explainable reason. So I am looking forward to using it but after the bug fixes have been made.

Based on this it would appear that the wait and see approach would be practical.
RLR

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 compatibility with Windows 10

Posted 01 Aug 2015 11:09 #4
There is definitely no need to rush into the upgrade.
I am also on Windows 7 and am still un-decided about whether to upgrade, mainly because Windows 7 is a very good version of the Microsoft Operating System.
I also know that I cannot upgrade yet, because a major component of my computer (Sound Card) does not have compatible Windows 10 Drivers yet. They are being released in October by the company that makes my Sound Card or I can buy a new card right now that is Windows 10 ready.

I am going to right an article about Windows 10, however I am working on a lot of things all at once and need to prioritize.

I do recommend all Windows 8/8.1 users to definitely upgrade to Windows 10 - this is no brainer, considering all the problems that Windows 8 had.
Windows 7 users need to flip a coin.

Whatever anyone does, it is extremely important to Backup all your data before attempting the upgrade - things can go wrong during these processes.
I also think it may be a better idea for Windows 7 users to do a clean install of Windows 10, instead of doing the upgrade the normal way.
If you have been using your computer for quite a few years, there is bound to be a lot of garbage files sitting on your hard drive.
If you want the best performance from Windows 10, it is best to start from scratch and re-install all your favorite programs onto a clean Hard Drive or SSD.

Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• ets
  • ets's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6

Replied by ets on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 compatibility with Windows 10

Posted 18 Aug 2015 20:14 #5
updated from seven to ten now for a week and everything is running fine.
I even get the perception that movie studio is running faster.....
by ets

Posted 18 Aug 2015 20:34 #6
I also have been on Windows 10 for a week now and feel that Movie Studio is working better than before. 8-)

• ets
  • ets's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6

Replied by ets on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 compatibility with Windows 10

Posted 18 Aug 2015 21:18 #7
I have heard that memory is better used in windows ten.
So let's go for it.......:)
by ets

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.753 seconds