VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Circling Text and Video Content in Order to Highlight

Hey Derek,
This may be a rather elementary problem but I have not been able to figure it out.
What I want to be able to do is zoom in on a person, item or piece of text inside a video clip or still frame while circling it and maybe causing it to flash or having a background light flash behind it. I am figuring out how to zoom in using the event pan/crop, but cannot figure out how to circle anything or cause it to flash as a means of highlighting it.
Thanks in advance!
Marty
Last Edit:26 Nov 2015 21:49 by William Tyndale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Circling Text and Video Content in Order to Highlight

Posted 25 Nov 2015 15:11 #2
Hi Marty

This is a complex question to answer.
Are you using Vegas Pro or Movie Studio Platinum ?

2D and 3D editing
More complex movement requires Vegas Pro, because you need the ability to move in 3D x, y and z axis.
Movie Studio only allows 2D x and y movement.
If you have Vegas Pro, open the Track Motion window and in the top left corner, set Multiply Mask to 3D Source Alpha.

Motion Tracking with Hitfilm
The tool I think you really need to use is Hitfilm.
Hitfilm is a Special FX Compositor and Editor that gives you the ability to turn on Camera mode, so you can simulate true perspective and tracking of objects.
There are two versions, Hitfilm Express and Hitfilm Pro.
Hitfilm Express is now free and I think this will give you the ability to do what you want. It will take some time ans patience to learn, however there are already a large amount of tutorials explaining how to use it.

Flashing Effect
There are many different ways you could do this. No matter which Video Effect you use, you would need to apply Key-Frames to make the effect turn on/off.
Bump Map FX could be a could one, because it has the Spotlight effect that you can position.

hitfilm.com/express
hitfilm.com/pro

Tutorials
hitfilm.com/video-tutorials#/
www.youtube.com/user/FXhomeHitFilm

Hitfilm Pro is included with Vegas Pro Suite 13.
Did you get the 35% off sale email from Sony Software last week ?
Vegas Pro Suite 13 is the cheapest I have ever seen it and includes Hitfilm Pro 3, Vegas Pro 13, Sound Forge Pro, DVD Architect Pro, plus many bonus FX - over $2000 if bought separately, but less than $500 if you are upgrading. If you using Movie Studio Platinum at the moment, you can buy using upgrade pricing which makes it even less expensive.

I can send you a copy of email if you don't have it.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William Tyndale

Replied by William Tyndale on topic Circling Text and Video Content in Order to Highlight

Posted 05 Dec 2015 10:34 #3
Thank you so much, Derek. I will look into HitFilm. I definitely wish I could get that package with Vegas Pro 13, just don't have the moola for it currently even though it certainly is a good deal at $500.
Marty
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.805 seconds