VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Magic Marker selector like in photo apps?

• duhmez
  • duhmez's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6

Magic Marker selector like in photo apps? was created by duhmez

Posted 07 Dec 2015 10:45 #1
IN movie studio 13 is there any option to draw with like a pen a selection where you draw any shape than closes on itself, where you can then move this piece around or mask out the rest of the video?

I know with squares and rectangles it is super easy but what about true custom selections?

I have poked round quite a bit and I am thinking probably not, but I know the DR will know!
by duhmez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magic Marker selector like in photo apps?

Posted 07 Dec 2015 12:20 #2
The tool you are asking about is called a Masking Tool.
I call it a pair of electronic scissors.

Unfortunately this is a Vegas Pro feature only and has never been included with the Movie Studio Platinum versions.

If this is something you would like to use, but don't want to to upgrade to Vegas Pro, there is another program you can use called Hitfilm Express.
Hitfilm Express is free to download and use forever.
There are many tutorials on YouTube showing how to use this and it's older brother Hitfilm Pro.
hitfilm.com/express

I would love to make tutorials about this program, however I am focusing on Movie Studio Platinum and Vegas Pro for the next 3 to 4 months, while I play catch up after taking 12 months off new tutorials.

Derek :silly:
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duhmez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.675 seconds