VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved BEst way to do training using video

BEst way to do training using video was created by florisknouwds

Posted 24 Dec 2015 06:07 #1
Hi Guys
I'm brand new to the forum.... to using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13... and to creating extensive training on video. I previously used Premiere 6 to create videos - mostly shorter videos and videos of sunday church services.

My current challenge is to create a full fledged training for marriage counselors (about 60 hours of CoupleSmarts training in smaller segments of 15 - 20 minutes each). But I need to get as much of these these segments as possible on a single DVD. Without giving them poor quality videos as in CD quality rendering in Movie studio. The idea would be to get about 7-8 hours of training in as good as possible quality video on a single DVD.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic BEst way to do training using video

Posted 24 Dec 2015 09:03 #2
Hi there and welcome to the Forum.

Before I answer your question, I strongly advise that you change your User Name to an actual user name and not use your email address.
Spammers will grab hold of your email address and start sending you garbage. I am in a constant battle with spammers trying to attack the forum.

It is easy to change your User Name.
Make sure you are logged in and then go to www.moviestudiozen.com/support/edit-user-profile
Then add a new user name and save. A simply one word name is all that is required.

Now to your question.
You can't fit 7-8 hours of video on a single DVD, it would end up being extremely low quality video.
If you are trying to fit that much video onto single disc, the ideal format would be Blu-ray disc which can hold 5 x times more data than DVD.
Blu-ray has been around for many years now, which supports full HD video, however for some reason many people are stuck in DVD land which only supports SD video.

If you need to make DVDs only, you will have to use at least TWO Dual Layer discs as the absolute minimum, however THREE would be better.
Dual Layer DVDs can hold 8.5 GBs of video, compared with Single Layer DVD that holds 4.7 GBs.
I already have a tutorial which teaches how to compress video for DVD, which you can read and watch here:
How to Compress and Fit a Long Video onto a DVD

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds