VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas movie studio hd 11 ( not platinum) Help

• naerel
  • naerel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Vegas movie studio hd 11 ( not platinum) Help was created by naerel

Posted 22 Apr 2016 09:15 #1
Hi, I'm glad to be here. I wanted to make a full feature movie an only have movie studio hd 11. would it be better to get pro? I'm new to editing so I have to read the tutorials. If pro would be better to get does anyone know where to get it cheap. I went to ebay and the cheapest I've seen for the pro suite is close to $400. I'm on what they call a "NO STRING BUDGET" LOL

Thanks
Last Edit:23 May 2016 21:06 by naerel
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas movie studio hd 11 ( not platinum) Help

Posted 23 Apr 2016 22:20 #2
Pls read what Derek the DoctorZen wrote in a comment about the not-Platinum version MS 13. It applies to VMS HD 11 (not Platinum) as well.

"Derek, Friday, 27 March 2015
Movie Studio 13 is only a very basic video editor - personally I do not recommend this version for anyone to use. It is designed for making quick videos with no fuss. I have never made a tutorial with this version of the program. All my Movie Studio tutorials are made with Platinum versions.
You need Movie Studio Platinum 13 if you want to make videos. MSP13 includes a much larger range of tools & features and also comes with DVD Architect Studio. Sony's website clearly states what the capabilities of each program are. If you want to make DVDs and Blu-ray discs you will need to upgrade to the Platinum or Suite version. Because you already own Movie Studio, you qualify for discounted upgrade pricing.
"

I'd recommend you install and test the free trial of MSPlatinum 13. The upgrade route is probably the most inexpensive way to get VPro, as a qualifying serial number is all that is needed at time of purchase. You are not required to have the older software installed in order to upgrade. A serial number is good for only one upgrade. MSSuite 13 is actually MSPlatinum 13 with many extras. Vegas Pro 13 has more professional features of course. Test with the trials first.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas movie studio hd 11 ( not platinum) Help

Posted 24 Apr 2016 02:43 #3
Hi naerel,

Welcome to the forums. To follow-up with vkmast's excellent post, including Derek's statement, I will add a few comments.

Going from ver 11 (non-platinum) to Movie Studio 13 Platinum will be a large step in capability. Going to Vegas Pro 13 will be a huge step in capability. Either of these upgrade should provide a benefit, and at the same time should be familiar to you after using the ver 11.

I started with SMS12P and upgraded to SMS13P. Then at the end of 2015 I purchased Vegas Pro 13 from B&H Photo for $290 us (not an upgrade). It just so happened they were running a special and it was less than the upgrade from Sony, at the time.

Currently you can upgrade from your Movie Studio 11 to Vegas Pro 13 Edit for $300 us. The 'Vegas Pro 13 Edit' version is the same as the 'Vegas Pro 13' without the extras. There are three versions.....

- Vegas Pro 13 Edit, no extras
- Vegas Pro 13, some extras
- Vegas Pro 13 Suite, a bunch of extras

If you want, or need, the extras included in the optional versions, it would better to buy them in a package up front, rather than add them later. If not, you can save by getting the stripped down version. I did not need the extras included with Vegas Pro 13 Suite, so I elected to purchase Vegas Pro 13. I too, understand....

naerel wrote: I'm on what they call a "NO STRING BUDGET" LOL

I struggled justifying the cost to go Vegas Pro 13, and when I finally made the move, I've never looked back. For me, it was the improvement in capability I wanted from an NLE that would run on my current desktop system without costly upgrades to hardware.

If after you compare Movie Studio 13 Platinum with Vegas Pro 13 (using the trial versions and specs), you decide Movie Studio 13 Platinum to fit the budget better, your upgrade cost to go to the Platinum Suite package (bunch of extras) looks like $80 us, or the Platinum package for only $50 us.

If you haven't viewed this comparison chart, here is the link Sony Creative Software Comparison Chart

If you have some time before you buy, you may want to check out the daily deals from various sources, as they do run promotions and specials from time to time.
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds