VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved TitlerPro4

TitlerPro4 was created by Gary GAf

Posted 21 Jun 2016 09:01 #1
:?: I use Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 On three occasions I have downloaded trial versions of the Trial New Blue FX Titler Pro 4 but none have worked for me. My last attempt downloaded, but does not show up in my Media Generators or FX tabs . I am in touch with NewBlueFX and they say it should automatically appear.
Is Titler Pro really compatible with Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 ? Has anybody got a fix, if so. I would really like to use it, but will not buy until I am convinced it will plug in and be ok.
Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic TitlerPro4

Posted 21 Jun 2016 18:22 #2
Hi Gary GAf

I suspect your problem will have something to do with the hardware of your computer not being compatible with Titler Pro.
On top of that, Movie Studio Platinum 11 is only a 32 bit program, which means it is very limited in the amount of RAM (memory) available to to.

For NewBlueFX Titler Pro 4 to work properly, you need a dedicated and compatible Graphics Card installed. If you do not have this, the program will never work.
You need an AMD Radeon GPU or Nividia GPU. It also needs to be a decent model and not a cheap entry model GPU (Graphics Card).
A quick way to find out if your computer has a dedicated graphics card is to do this.
Right-click the Windows Desktop.
If you have an Nvidia GPU, you will see Nvidia Control Panel listed - open this up and report back which model you have.
If you have an AMD Radeon GP, you will see Catalyst Control Center - open this up and report back which model you have.
If you have neither of these, you will not be able to use NewBlueFX on your computer.

I would also recommend you upgrade your version of Movie Studio to version 12 or 13.
Both these versions come with a 64 bit and 32 bit version of the program.
If you have a modern computer, it will be 64 bit. This is far superior to older 32 bit programs, because 64 bit gives you a lot more processing power, something which is extremely important for video editing programs. I recommend you download the free trial for Movie Studio Platinum 13 and see if that will make Titler Pro 4 appear, provided you have a compatible graphics card.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic TitlerPro4

Posted 22 Jun 2016 01:16 #3
As Derek recommends, you need to try with MS Platinum 12 or 13 and their 64-bit versions, in addition to a good graphics card.
The NBFX Titler Pro 4 system requirements list that it supports 64-bit video editing applications only.
If, in the SCS Partner Products pages, you filter by Host Software: Movie Studio, it does show up in Movie Studio products list.

Note that if you shop around, you'll probably be able to find either of the two latest versions of MSPlatinum itself at a fraction of the cost of the NBFX plugin.
Last Edit:22 Jun 2016 02:54 by vkmast

Replied by Gary GAf on topic TitlerPro4

Posted 22 Jun 2016 06:09 #4
Again Thank you so much. This forum is a real blessing. Does Titler pro come bundled already with any of the Sony Vegas products?
I will upgrade as advised.
Good work Guys!

Posted 22 Jun 2016 06:10 #5
What's SCS btw?

Replied by vkmast on topic TitlerPro4

Posted 22 Jun 2016 06:21 #6
SCS = Sony Creative Software. MAGIX Software recently bought Vegas Pro, Movie Studio etc. and the transition is in progress.
See the "Magix Software acquires Sony Creative Software" thread on this site's Vegas Pro forum.
Actually most software was sold, not the company. Stay tuned.

And at the moment, the Sony Creative Software site Online Store still seems to offer NB Titler Pro 4 at a discounted price with the purchase of Vegas Pro 13 (and Vegas Pro 13 Edit, which does not include DVD Architect Pro).
See the SCS site's Purchase > Software. This is likely to change pretty soon due to the sale of the software.
Last Edit:22 Jun 2016 08:22 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 22 Jun 2016 08:05 #7
Been looking at graphics cards - but most sites, whilst mentioning those you do, talk about them in terms of gaming, rather than video editing. What would you suggest is the best buy for me to upgrade and is there a level you get to where going above that (in terms of cost) will have no impact on the editing and dvd production capabilities?
Thanks in anticipation

Replied by DoctorZen on topic TitlerPro4

Posted 22 Jun 2016 14:58 #8
I would imagine you own a store bought Desktop Computer ?

Before you go buying a Graphics Card, you need to make sure your computer's Motherboard is able to accept a graphics card into a PCI Express slot and that the Power Supply Unit has a spare power cable or slot that can be connected to.

If your computer is only very basic, you may not be able to add anything to it.
If you know someone who is a computer geek, they should be able to help you, if not I would advise you take your computer to your local computer store and get them to help you.

AMD Radeon Cards work best with the current versions of Sony Vegas Pro and Sony Movie Studio Platinum.
The absolute bare minimum model would be a R7 360 or R7 370.
The next step up and most popular range is: R9 380
Top of the range: R9 390 or R9 390X.

Nvidia Cards = GTX 960, GTX 970, GTX 980
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds