VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Windows 10

Windows 10 was created by Uncle Zook

Posted 21 Jun 2016 09:02 #1
:( Glad to hear you are doing windows 10 tutorials. A few days ago I installed windows 10 and yesterday I uninstalled it, going back to 8.1 Here are a few of the reasons:
The start-up took forever, and sometimes would not start up at all.
The screen dimmed down to the point where I could not read the screen words.
I use Picasa for photo management. Picasa would not recognize my camera attached to the computer via usb.
I use an anti ransomware program called AppGuard. The AppGuard opening screen allows you to change the mode between full on, allow downloads, turn off. This screen would not come up. Now that I'm back to 8.1, it still wont come up.
I use google for e-mail, search, etc. I am suspicious that Microsoft is deliberately lousing up my system to force me to use all their features.
Derek I'm glad you like windows and hope that your tutorials will help. I have installed it on two other of my computers with no problem. These other computers do not have Google accounts.
Has windows 10 affected the Sony programs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Windows 10

Posted 21 Jun 2016 18:25 #2
Hi Uncle Zook

I will have my Windows 10 tutorials uploaded in few days.
It's winter time in Australia and I have had the flu for a few days, which has put me behind schedule.

A clean install of Windows 10 will fix all your problems.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Windows 10

Posted 21 Jun 2016 20:07 #3
True but that involves a huge amount of ancillary work as you have to re-load all your programmes (including any Plug Ins you have in Vegas). Rather than do this I reverted back to Windows 7 which has been a good and faithful servant. And this despite the fact that I liked the look of Windows 10.

Richard

Replied by Uncle Zook on topic Windows 10

Posted 08 Jul 2016 11:40 #4
A few days ago I reported that my windows 10 install was doing well. But now a problem has come up. After coming out of "sleep" mode the screen darkens down to almost black. I've done a bit of research on line:
Many people with my computer model, HP Pavillion Touchsmart 23 All-in-One, are having the same problem after installing windows 10. But also many other makes and models, including laptops, are having the same problem.
I have installed the latest driver for my graphics display adapter (AMD Radeon HD 7560D)
My monitor driver software is up-to-date.
On the HP forum some people solved the problem by using the "Device Manager", scrolling down to "Monitor" and "enabling" the device if found in the "disable" mode. My monitor was not in the "disable" mode.
One experienced computer user on the HP forum suggests that HP needs to come up with a new monitor driver for windows 10.
Meanwhile I have upped the delay time before the computer goes to sleep from 10 minutes to 2 hours
Bottom line - my problem still exists
Suggestions?

Posted 09 Jul 2016 13:14 #5
What model HP computer are you using, so I can look up your Drivers ?

I did some research myself and read these threads.
First I read this one:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/black-screen-after-sleep-mode-in-windows10/203ac225-6b6e-4a12-ba95-5d5bb22e2bf3?auth=1

Next I read this:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/shutdown-doesnt-shuts-off-the-laptop-in-windows-10/c7c1e452-64f0-4ec7-8b89-20eb016f6438?page=2

And finally I was lead to this, which is talking about a solution that everyone seems to like.
Don't know if this will help your problem. They seem to be talking about the Intel Management Engine "IME".
Updating the Driver may help.
h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SOLVED-Windows-10-Laptop-won-t-go-into-sleep-mode/td-p/5171069/page/116

Go to Device Manager (right-click Windows Start button)
Open System Devices
Look for Intel Management Engine Interface
Right-click, select Properties/Driver
What Driver version do you have ?

Select Update Driver and Windows should find and install latest Driver.
Re-boot after and see what happens next.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Jul 2016 13:16 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 10 Jul 2016 08:42 #6
Thanks for your prompt reply and great instructions. Unfortunately under "System Devices" the topics listed (see attached file) are totally different from your example. I do have an AMD processor so that could make the difference. I did click on two of the items, "Microsoft windows management interface" and Microsoft system management bios driver". A little window pops up asking if I want to update the driver. The response on both of these items was "Best driver already installed"
My computer is a HP Pavllion Touch Smart 23 All-in-One
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Windows 10

Posted 10 Jul 2016 09:08 #7
Uncle Zook,

Based on your screen shot, you are actually missing some drivers required by AMD to work correctly. I am on the HP Support site, but there are quite a few "HP Pavilion 23 Touch All-In-One" models listed. It would really help someone in the forum if you were able to provide some more information on the model number of the computer. If you still have the box it came/shipped in on the product tag, or even on the label for the computer itself. This is one of the problems on hunting down drivers on HP's (Dell and Lenovo as well), since they supply so many different computer configurations, including ones for various countries or machines bought at Staples/Best Buy etc. When I worked at a School District for the IT Department, we ran into this issue even with the basic models we would yearly purchase or lease renewal. That included desktops and laptops, and even their Server lines were difficult to hunt down at times. I have attached a file that shows some of the models at HP's site. This is only the partial list of 230 listed on the support site. So if you could provide further model numbers based on the attached file, it really would help us to help you. But having used AMD processor based computers before, it does look like you are missing some correct drivers. Let us know.

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 10 Jul 2016 10:11 #8
Thank you Uncle Zook & Mike

Find your specific model number Zook, like Mike has asked and then share with us here.
Once you install the specific Drivers, your problem with hopefully be fixed.

My guess is that there is an equivalent AMD Driver that does a similar job to the Intel version.
Everyone's computer is going to look completely different inside the Device Driver window - that is normal !

Derek

p.s.
I was doing some Google searches last night and discovered many other LARGE and well known websites are also recommending users to do a Clean Install of Windows, to get rid of all the crap left behind by previous operating systems. So many people are thinking the same way as myself.
Last Edit:10 Jul 2016 10:16 by DoctorZen

Posted 10 Jul 2016 11:44 #9
My model number is HP 23-f217c
MY processor is AMD A8-5500 (3.2 ghz)

Is this the kind of info you are asking for?

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Windows 10

Posted 10 Jul 2016 12:25 #10
Hi Uncle Zook,

Yes, that did help. I was also able to view the product specifications for your computer. Based on what HP has, they are recommending using the drivers supplied during the Windows Update process. It seems they are leaving it up to Microsoft to figure out the correct drivers. My personal feelings on this matter will not help, so I won't put them here. One reason I stopped using HP for things, not to mention they always have issues with their even slightly older models of printers with any new Operating System Microsoft puts out.

Looking at the specifications for your machine, it has integrated graphics, as it is an AMD APU, only 8GB of memory, and a 1 Terabyte hard drive. All which really makes using Movie Studio "interesting". And since it is an "All-In-One (AIO)", I doubt that it was updated prior to or during your purchase. Of course, only the person editing and rendering their work can deem if their current machine is not sufficient for the task. The AIO's are typically difficult to upgrade, or even add to them. Some may have the opening to add more memory or change it out, swap in a faster hard drive (your unit is probably too small to add an additional drive that would really help).

I still have a hard time believing that HP doesn't even have drivers for your computer, as in my previous reply, I saw some things that should have AMD specific information. Also, for as much as I like to play around with Windows, don't really trust Microsoft for the correct drivers. Again that is me.

If you want to see specifically what HP has on your machine, you can use this link, then just copy and paste "HP 23-f217c" in the search function on the page and it will show a small "info tab" asking if that is your machine:

support.hp.com/us-en

Hope this helps.

Mike
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.887 seconds