VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved AVCHD

AVCHD was created by dklbrooks

Posted 31 Aug 2016 14:58 #1
Sorry - I originally posted this incorrectly to the general category.

When I am creating a BR project in DVDA I like to burn the result to a DVD disk first to make sure
it looks OK when I play it back on a TV with a BR player. Even if it looks OK in DVDA preview, it does
not always translate exactly to a TV/player. It could take several iterations to get it right,
so it would be wasteful to burn these tests to even a 25GB BR disk.
Also I may make lots of small films from my HD camcorder footage, which do not even fill
a DVD5 disk. Again wasteful and expensive to use BR media.

I know Derek recommends always using the Blu-ray templates, but I have been using the AVCHD
templates because I read somewhere years ago, that only AVCHD can be burned to DVD media succesfully.
I import the AVCHD rendered in Vegas to DVDA as Blu-ray, prepare the iso, the burn to a DVD with IMGBURN.
Sometimes I have to "patch" the index.bdmv file to get the resultant DVD to play in some older players.
I label these as "Blu-rays on DVD media".
Has anyone else done something similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Burning AVCHD video to DVD

Posted 31 Aug 2016 15:17 #2
If you ever post a message to the wrong sub-forum, don't worry about it.
I can move it to the correct place using my Admin controls.

Yes you can burn AVCHD video direct to DVD.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic AVCHD

Posted 31 Aug 2016 23:44 #3

dklbrooks wrote: - - -Also I may make lots of small films from my HD camcorder footage, which do not even fill
a DVD5 disk. Again wasteful and expensive to use BR media.
I know Derek recommends always using the Blu-ray templates, but I have been using the AVCHD
templates because I read somewhere years ago, that only AVCHD can be burned to DVD media succesfully.
I import the AVCHD rendered in Vegas to DVDA as Blu-ray, prepare the iso, the burn to a DVD with IMGBURN.
Sometimes I have to "patch" the index.bdmv file to get the resultant DVD to play in some older players.
I label these as "Blu-rays on DVD media".
Has anyone else done something similar?

Yes, I for one have done similar, i.e. burned AVCHD footage to DVD to get an "AVCHD disc" on DVD.
Despite it indeed being (a bit) "wasteful and expensive to use BD media", I made the transition to BD media due to incompatibilities.
E.g. some of my Sony standalone BD players are OK with them but not all of them. OTOH an inexpensive Philips BD player did not seem to mind...
This was the topic of many a thread on the old SCS forum way back when.
Last Edit:31 Aug 2016 23:45 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.726 seconds