VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Motion Graphics

Replied by soniceden on topic Motion Graphics

Posted 03 Jan 2017 14:12 #11
Thanks Derek! Cheers!
Looks like I need an upgrade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Motion Graphics

Posted 03 Jan 2017 14:22 #12
Here is what the compositing mode options look like in Vegas Pro (similar to Photoshop)
All of these modes are accessed inside of the Track Motion control box (accessed in video track control box)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Posted 03 Jan 2017 14:31 #13
Exactly! That's what I need. I'm just not sure if I should upgrade to Vegas Pro or move to Adobe's Premier to be able to use things like xrites color checker and after fx. I do like the grading options in Premier.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Motion Graphics

Posted 03 Jan 2017 15:42 #14
The biggest problem is that Vegas Pro and Premier Pro both have their good and bad points.
You need to weigh up which good points are more important for you and which bad points you can learn to live with.

Vegas Pro's strength is editing on the timeline - it is so quick and easy compared to all the competition.
Example: Creating a simply transition by overlapping 2 pieces of media - everyone should use this technique, because it is the most logical. The way Premier handles this does my head in.

Premiere Pro's Media Encoder is far superior in my opinion, compared to Vegas Pro which lacks proper GPU support for rendering with modern graphics cards.

On my bucket list for 2017, I have begun learning how to use Davinci Resolve. If you use this for colour correction, you have the most advanced tools available at your fingertips. I am aiming to develop an easy workflow between Vegas Pro - Resolve - Vegas Pro.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 03 Jan 2017 15:49 #15
I agree about how easy Vegas and MS are to work with on the timeline. I'm also very interested in DaVinci resolve since I don't like Vegas or MS for color work. Right now im using luts and FilmConvert for that. Would look forward to seeing how you setup a workflow with Resolve and Vegas Pro.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Motion Graphics

Posted 04 Jan 2017 02:44 #16

soniceden wrote: I agree about how easy Vegas and MS are to work with on the timeline. I'm also very interested in DaVinci resolve since I don't like Vegas or MS for color work. Right now im using luts and FilmConvert for that. Would look forward to seeing how you setup a workflow with Resolve and Vegas Pro.

Looks like you may be a candidate for downloading the Vegas Pro 30 day trial.....
Best Regards......George

Posted 04 Jan 2017 02:46 #17
I think you might be right George. I may just get the upgrade since it's only $249 from MS 13.
At least I already know this program so would just have to figure how to get my FX into it and go.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Motion Graphics

Posted 04 Jan 2017 04:45 #18
If you like the ease of editing that Movie Studio provides, I'm sure you will like that about Vegas Pro, plus all the other advantages. When I went to VP13, the first step was to bring in a previous project I made in MS13. Everything was familiar and I landed on my feet. As I progressed to learn more about the advantages, there were a few trips, but thanks to Dr. Zen's great tutorials, it was a rather smooth transition and felt the money invested for the upgrade was well worth it.

I'm also using and learning Resolve 12.5, which has evolved into a descent editing program. I'm not near as fast as yet, but slowly progressing. I do simple trimming and intermediates in Resolve, switch to Vegas Pro for putting things together and either use VP or Resolve for applying LUTs and color correction. Depending on the delivery format I will use Resolve or VP. At this point I'm using VP about 70% of the time with no plans in the future to abandon it. It's very comfortable for me. I'm not on the Magix version, and my plans are to stick with my current Sony VP 13 version. For users new to Vegas Pro, the Magix version 14 should suit them well.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, soniceden

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds