VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Random frame jumps in a rendered video-but I don't know if it is 4k

• dtinay
  • dtinay's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear Derek,

Thank you very, very much for your tutorials - the first of which I found in YouTube. I can't imagine any better, clear, precise, easy to follow guidance. Though I am a beginner, I am happy to see my progress.

Yesterday I finished my project and was very excited to see the product while it was being rendered. I had spent four full days, working on it meticulously.

Once it was done, I started watching.... It was going excellent until the frames began jumping-like disco flash lights- and overlapping, as if they are stuck. Then back to normal, then again jumping! It is such a frustrating and upsetting feeling! Today I could not even touch it, until now, until I cooled down enough to request your help. By the way, I completed numerous projects successfully before, with the same program.

I read the recent related topic, and checked the points you mentioned. They are good. I also took a screenshot of one of the videos to send you, though I don't know if it is relevant (I don't know about 4k).

My program is Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.

Thank you in advance.

Last Edit:16 Feb 2017 15:03 by dtinay
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Away
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Hi dtinay

Please provide full details about your project and source media.

Download MediaInfo from here:
mediaarea.net/nn/MediaInfo

Open one of the main source videos from your project and take a screen shot of the "Tree View", then upload to forum.
I am talking about the source video here - not the rendered video out of Movie Studio.

Also take a screen shot of your Movie Studio Project Properties for Video and upload here.

Finally, please tell use which Output Format and Template/Preset you using to render with.
Example: Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p
Take a screen shot of the settings you used to render with.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dtinay

• dtinay
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Hi Derek,

I have the screenshots of two different source videos I have used and the Movie Studio Project Properties for video; at this point please tell me where/how I upload it; should I create a new topic?

The output format and template: Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet HD 1080p

Thanks.
by dtinay

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
Don't create a new topic!

Just reply like you already have and press ATTACHMENTS button at bottom of message window.
This will appear when begin next reply.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Feb 2017 18:14 by DoctorZen

• dtinay
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
I was using the "quick reply" button; there "attachment" option does not exist.
Thank you for bearing with me as I learn and proceed.

Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 00:20 by dtinay
Attachments:

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
I think I know what might be causing your problem.
In the Media Info readouts, it shows you are using 2 different types of video with different Frame Rates.

#1 Video = 1920x1080-23.976 fps
#2 Video = 1280x720-29.97 fps

There is also something weird with Video #2, which I do not understand.
Media Info reports 2 different frame rates for same video.
Frame Rate = 29.97 fps
and
Original Frame Rate = 25 fps

What type of cameras did your video come from ?
I'm also wondering why you mentioned 4K in your message, when there is no 4K video or 4K settings ?

You also have your Project Properties Render Quality set to Good - change this to Best.

Which output format and template did you render with ?
It is very important that you set the Frame Rate in your output settings to 23.976 fps.

Another thing I recommend you do is turn OFF your Graphics Card and render using the CPU only.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video/GPU Acceleration and set to OFF.
Re-boot Movie Studio.
Then in the Advanced Settings for your render output, set Encode Mode = CPU only, if you used an output that supports that.

• dtinay
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
YESSS!!! I followed your instructions and it worked. Thank you :-D !

We were at a dive trip. I used my Canon PowerShot. Before the last day of the trip, boat crew collected stills and videos from whoever wanted to share; they produced an 8 minute video. I used some parts of it in my project. I think it explains different types of video with different frame rates.

Regarding 4k; I apologize for the confusion. I just wanted to make a reference to the previous topic (another forum member) complaining about the "jumping frames".

I am grateful for your assistance.

Best regards
by dtinay

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
Cool! I'm glad you were able to repair your project and get it working.
[IMG
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 11:28 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.869 seconds