VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Review of movie Studio platinium ver14 was created by pioneer

Posted 20 Feb 2017 20:14 #1
Good morning to all. I am only really just coming to grips with ver 12 of the program (which has been installed on my laptop for a couple of years) after using MoviePlus by Serif for many years. As Movieplus is now being abandoned by Serif I will be using Movie Studio as my No 1 choice of video editor. I am considering upgrading to ver 14 but I cannot find any reviews on the program. I choose not to upgrade to ver 13 after reading many adverse reviews on the program. As an "older" member of mankind I find learning things that much more difficult and I am extremely grateful for all the brilliant Tutorials on here.
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

Posted 20 Feb 2017 23:00 #2
Hi Pioneer and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

There are no reviews for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14, because it has not been released yet.
I will be posting a review as quickly as possible, once it is officially released, which is meant to be in the next 24 to 48 hours.
Version 14 definitely has a new look and will remove all traces of the version 13 interface.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

Posted 20 Feb 2017 23:58 #3
Derek. I like the ver12 UI and hope that ver14 is similar. Thank you for all that you have done with the tutorials I have learnt so much about the program. John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Replied by vkmast on topic Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

Posted 21 Feb 2017 01:30 #4
Judging by a few "leaked" screenshots of the new, modern GUI I'll be needing to get a lot bigger, better display. Pros and cons for me personally, for sure.
Looking forward to the review by the good Doc.
by vkmast

Replied by ericlnz on topic Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

Posted 21 Feb 2017 09:02 #5
Hi John, As I may have mentioned elsewhere I instantly felt comfortable with Vegas MS13 despite its UI limitations. Going back to 12 feels like going back in time. Assuming Magix still give a 30 day trial period and with 14 due out any day now just wait for that then download a trial. You don't need to uninstall and reinstall on purchase. You just enter your serial number into your trial. With 13 I found the Hitfilm effects useful and also the Boris. Plus as you've discovered there are good support forums with Derek here, the Magix Vegas forum and Creative Cow.

It's Tuesday morning here and I was hoping to find MS14 was out, but no. How many more sleeps I wonder......
by ericlnz

Posted 21 Feb 2017 09:25 #6
There's a video
on the Magix YouTube page.

There's a quick look at the UI. It does look somewhat different.
Last Edit:21 Feb 2017 09:41 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

Posted 21 Feb 2017 19:41 #7
Good morning Eric. Thank you for the advice I will probably await reviews. I find ver12 meets all my needs at the moment but like everything else in life one needs to move on. Thank you for the link will visit and see. Best John
by pioneer

Posted 21 Feb 2017 20:11 #8
MS14 is now out and there's the usual trial for 30 days at www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio-suite/

Having only recently updated to 13 I'll hold back for a few months but I know irrespective of the reviews I'll eventually get 14. I feel Magix deserve my custom for having taken on Vegas and MS.
by ericlnz

Replied by vkmast on topic Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

Posted 21 Feb 2017 20:15 #9
MAGIX VEGAS Movie Studio 14 "Family of Products" out NOW. At the time of writing, support2.magix.com/customer/vegas/upgrade does not yet give special upgrade prices for those.
Last Edit:21 Feb 2017 20:21 by vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Review of movie Studio platinium ver14

Posted 21 Feb 2017 20:35 #10

At the time of writing, support2.magix.com/customer/vegas/upgrade does not yet give special upgrade prices for those.

The same thing happened when Vegas Pro 14 was released.
I'm hoping when USA staff get to work today, that they switch the upgrade options to version 14 of Vegas Movie Studio A.S.A.P.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.899 seconds