VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Changing colour of text

Changing colour of text was created by Barbara@macward

Posted 21 Jun 2017 05:33 #1
I wanted to change the colour of my text which I have been doing successfully for some time. For some reason the text has started only showing up a grey colour on my production in spite of the chosen colour showing correctly in the sample. Is this a fault or am I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Changing colour of text

Posted 21 Jun 2017 14:39 #2
Which exact program and version are you using Barbara ?

There are two general things I can say.

#1. To change the colour of any text inside of the Titles & Text window, you must first highlight the text before selecting a different colour.
#2. There are two control settings above the Preview Window. If you accidentally press either of these, it can cause the colour displayed in preview window to change to a monotone style. Both these buttons are turned OFF by default.

#3. If neither of the above suggestions relates to your problem, it may be worth resetting the program back to factory defaults. This will guarantee that all settings are were they should be. I have instructions on how to reset the program here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by Barbara@macward on topic Changing colour of text

Posted 22 Jun 2017 01:10 #3
Hello again - I have had difficulty in finding how to reply to you but here I am at last.....

My video editing is "Movie Studio Platinum" Version 13. I have studied your suggestions and can still only get black/grey/white. I am sure it is something I am doing but do not want to risk losing this production so will live with it and reset to default settings for my next project as you suggest. I have now transferred the production to Architect and can't find a way to add music to the architect front piece. I used to manage it in previous versions but the method seems to have changed a bit.

Posted 22 Jun 2017 09:05 #4
Email me a copy of your Movie Studio .vf project file.
This will be inside the folder you saved your project to, which normally lives inside Documents/Movie Studio Platinum 13 Projects/Your_Project.
This file is tiny and contains no video, but it will show me all your Text settings, so I can inspect everything.
It is perfectly safe to reset the program - resetting will not delete any of your saved projects!

If you are trying to add background music to your Main Menu, use the Explorer window and navigate to the folder where your music is located and then drag onto the timeline OR you can open a separate window outside of the program and simply drag the music file directly onto the timeline.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:22 Jun 2017 09:05 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 23 Jun 2017 00:10 #5
Here is the file. I've had to zip to get under 2mb.

Good luck and thanks for your help.

Barbara
Last Edit:25 Oct 2017 18:55 by Barbara@macward

Posted 23 Jun 2017 00:22 #6
I should have said, Derek that the Text in question is titled "Marsali and Alister Harwood" and is at position 15.45 minutes into the video. Most of the other texts are in black and white but the background of this one was a mixture so I had to use a colour.

Posted 23 Jun 2017 00:38 #7
I have discovered what has caused your problem!!!
On Track #2, you have added a chain of 7 different video effects and they are all turned ON !
This looks like a mistake to me, because I can't imagine you would actually want all 7 video fx on a track that only seems to contain Text events.
One of the effects you have added, is the Black & White filter.

Press the green Track FX button.
Then drag bottom right corner all the way out, so you can see the same view in my screen shot.
Click on one video effect at a time and press the Remove selected plugin button (top right).
Repeat for each effect you want to remove.

I did not examine anything else in your project, but you need to be careful when adding chains of Video FX.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barbara@macward

Posted 23 Jun 2017 00:59 #8
You are a star !!!! I thought it would be something I had done inadvertantly. I am a bit vague on the fx thing so perhaps it is time to do one of your tutorials! (If all else fails, read the instructions!) You will have to excuse me as I am a 69 year old who has had great fun out of my editing. Tried a Roxio product for a while but their help centre was useless and although they had some good ideas, they just did not always work. I was tearing my hair out with it. You give a wonderful service.....thanks a million!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 23 Jun 2017 02:35 #9
Most problems end up being something simple.

There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable people on the MSZ Forum, so if you ever get stuck with a problem, you know where to ask now.

Cheers :)
Last Edit:23 Jun 2017 02:35 by DoctorZen

Posted 28 Jun 2017 13:55 #10
Hi Barbara

I thought of an idea if you are still having problems with your project file not working properly.
You uploaded a copy of your project file to the forum here, so you could re-download it from your message above and then re-do any repair work.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/1521-changing-colour-of-text#7560

Derek :)
Last Edit:28 Jun 2017 13:55 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds