VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved 7 HOURS to render a video!! HELP!!

• Liz
  • Liz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

7 HOURS to render a video!! HELP!! was created by Liz

Posted 19 Oct 2017 07:38 #1
Hello guys! My name is Liz and I make tutorials for YouTube. My biggest issue right now is that my videos take too long to render AND I keep having to clear the cache otherwise it'll crash.

My program is Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 and my current project is 13 minutes long. Acording to my programs, it's going to take about 6 - 7 hours to render it. It's set to 1440 x 1080 x 32, 23.976p (I'm not familiar with video stats, so I apologize if this info is useless)

I prefer rendering my videos as wmv because (for some reason) other options on my program seem to dull the colors, but feel free to suggest other formats if they are compatible with YouTube. What can I do to help my videos render faster? Any help would be much appreciated ♡
Last Edit:19 Oct 2017 11:26 by Liz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 7 HOURS to render a video!! HELP!!

Posted 19 Oct 2017 11:26 #2
Hi Liz

STOP using Windows Media Video .wmv - this is an old format and extremely CPU and memory intensive!!!
You also have the problem of using an older version of Vegas Movie Studio, which was only a 32 bit program, which means you only have a small RAM (memory) allowance available to work with.

My guess is that you have added a Video Effect that is causing the problem.

I no longer have version 11 installed, so can't remember all it's settings.
If that setting is there, go to Options/Preferences/Video
If it has GPU Acceleration, make sure to turn that off - if you don't see a setting for GPU Acceleration, just ignore this suggestion.

The best formats for YouTube are Mainconcept AVC or Sony AVC.
Use either one of them and it should work OK.

If you are rendering video for YouTube, do not render to 1440x1080-23.976 fps
It is OK is your source video is 1440x1080, but for YouTube you need to render to 1920x1080-23.976 using a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.0

I do have a really old tutorial on this topic here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/68-how-to-render-1080p-hd-video-for-youtube-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-11
I can't remember what I said, but I recommend you use the default HIGH bit rate settings the program uses, for best quality.

If you want to improve the colour and contrast of your videos, watch this tutorial here:
It is made with Vegas Pro, but many of the same features are also in your version!
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/526-colour-correction-tools-sony-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Nov 2017 12:01 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds