VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Customizing the Toolbar in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum

• Dash
  • Dash's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Customizing the Toolbar in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum was created by Dash

Posted 14 Jan 2018 03:57 #1
Hi Derek,

Hope you can help. I have searched every place I could think of on the web and your site before coming to you with this.
I just upgraded to VMS 14 and have several questions (issues) but will ask just the two biggest ones for me in this thread.
I am a user of VMS 12 and my questions are related to features that were in 12 but seem to be gone in 14.

First, customizing of the toolbars appears to be gone in 14. Is this true or am I missing something? I REALLY miss this feature!!
Second, the vertical scroll bar is now gone until you get enough tracks on your display to bring it up. Can this be turned on
so it is on all the time. I also really miss being able to double click the vertical bar to toggle back and forth between min. and max. of tracks.

Thanks so much,
Dash
Last Edit:14 Jan 2018 06:56 by Dash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Customizing the Toolbar in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 14 Jan 2018 06:15 #2

Dash wrote: First, customizing of the toolbars appears to be gone in 14. Is this true or am I missing something? I REALLY miss this feature!!
Second, the vertical scroll bar is now gone until you get enough tracks on your display to bring it up.

This is true in MVMSP 14. You are not the only one disliking those changes.
Last Edit:14 Jan 2018 06:57 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dash

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Customizing the Toolbar in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 14 Jan 2018 06:56 #3
Both of these changes have been around since version 13 came out, almost 4 years ago now.

You can add some extra tracks to make the timeline slider appear.
CTRL + Q = adds Audio Track
CTRL + SHIFT + Q = adds Video Track

You can use the Grave Accent ` Key to toggle between large track height and minimum track height.
Key next to 1 in top left corner of keyboard.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

• Dash
  • Dash's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Dash on topic Customizing the Toolbar in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 14 Jan 2018 10:52 #4
Thanks Derek!

The keyboard shortcut (grave accent.. I sure missed that one!) is really great!! That will help me a lot) Thanks!

Do you have any knowledge as to why they would have removed the customize toolbar function? (was it still in movie studio 13? I stayed with 12 because I liked the interface much better than 13)

When you double click the Bottom Toolbar the customize window comes up (just like in 12) but only the current buttons are shown. (I guess you can move those buttons around.) No others are given to add.

Any chance the customize toolbar might come back in 15? What is the best place to suggest this to Magix?

Anyway...thanks a bunch and you're a great teacher!!
by Dash

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Customizing the Toolbar in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 14 Jan 2018 15:20 #5

Do you have any knowledge as to why they would have removed the customize toolbar function? (was it still in movie studio 13? I stayed with 12 because I liked the interface much better than 13)

I am not privy to the minds of the developers, but I think that when version 13 was released (4 years ago) they were trying to make a better distinction between Vegas Movie Studio (consumer grade) and Vegas Pro (professional grade) - thus removing some functionality from the "consumer version" that average users didn't really use - simplifying the experience.

When you double click the Bottom Toolbar the customize window comes up (just like in 12) but only the current buttons are shown. (I guess you can move those buttons around.) No others are given to add.

You learn something every day! I didn't even realise myself that little trick was available.
You have answered your own question.

Any chance the customize toolbar might come back in 15? What is the best place to suggest this to Magix?

I have no direct knowledge of what version 15 will look like, but I can guess that it should come with some extra customisation options, due to the changes that have been introduced to Vegas Pro 15. Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio use the same base code and their release dates are staggered about 5 months apart. This means that the developers often add new features to one or the other first and use that version like a test guinea pig. If people like the new features, they then share "some" of those features with both versions.

Anyway...thanks a bunch and you're a great teacher!!

[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Jan 2018 15:21 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds