VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 - Menu Colours for Light Interface setting

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi,

Just bought and installed MSP 15. I changed to the lighter shade of the app. as suggested in the Display tab. It could be lighter, but I'll go along with the proposed interface. The problem is with the menus. I attached a copy for your appreciation. If someone has an answer to getting better, lighter aspect of this, to dark for me, I would more that appreciate it...thank you.

Michel
Last Edit:27 Mar 2018 16:50 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Michel wrote: Hi, Just bought and installed MSP 15. I changed to the lighter shade of the app. as suggested in the Display tab. It could be lighter, but I'll go along with the proposed interface. The problem is with the menus. I attached a copy for your appreciation. If someone has an answer to getting better, lighter aspect of this, to dark for me, I would more that appreciate it...thank you. Michel

For the time being, your attachment is missing.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:46 by vkmast

There are no screen shots in your message?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:46 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
OK Derek,

I came on this screen so to attach my screen shot.

Michel
Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:47 by Michel
Attachments:

What exactly is the problem ?

The only thing I see is that you have the timeline at the top of the screen, instead of the bottom.
That is controlled by the setting in Options/Preferences/Display - Display timeline at bottom of main window
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:47 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
Hi Derek,

I've been using the timeline up there since I started working with Vegas with version 6 in 2005...I prefer working like this, matter of habit. Letting that window at the bottom doesn't change the darkness of the menus.

What I'm showing you, if you can see it, is the Edit menu which is pulled down. Tell me if you can clearly see the content of that menu, the same with the others. If you want to see better, you must scroll down (blue color) with your mouse. I must advance at least a foot on my chair to better visualize the content of each menu because of their darkness.

Michel

Seems to be the same in VP 15 Light GUI, so maybe not an oversight as such, at least with MSP alone. I can understand your issue though.

Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:47 by vkmast
Attachments:

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
Thanks VK,

I presume that if you had a way in getting it lighter you would surely have used it. So I won't repeat my question. To bad though that Magix hasn't seen this error...probably to dark for them to see it!

Case closed...but I will submit it to Magix!

Have a nice day VK

Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Dark text against a dark background is not the normal menu format. I would always choose function over form, but Magix must think differently. I agree it's not acceptable.

Dennis
Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:47 by den24601

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
Thanks Dennis,

I just wrote to Magix. Hope they could correct it in a future build.

Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.942 seconds