VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite was created by RandyHJ

Posted 15 Apr 2019 11:14 #1
I upgraded my Movie Studio 13 to VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite and installed all the files with their appropriate license numbers. When I open Movie Studio 16 my NewBlueFX App Manager shows that my license is current for the Supreme Package and the Titler Pro 7 Express. However, when I try to open up the effects in Movie Studio, the Supreme Package components seem to be missing. The email address for my Movie Studio license and NewBlue license are the same, so I think that is ok. I installed Movie Studio first and then installed the NewBlue components. I am wondering if there is a specific order of steps I should have taken.
Last Edit:01 Jun 2019 11:45 by RandyHJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

Posted 15 Apr 2019 17:55 #2
Just to check, please click one of the "fx" buttons to see a Plug-In Chooser window.
See if you can find the following NewBlue folders in that window:
Elements, Essentials, Stylizers, Titler Pro 7.

In addition, see if your Transitions window shows e.g. these plug-ins

And did you restart your VEGAS product after installing the add-ons?
Last Edit:16 Apr 2019 13:58 by vkmast
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by RandyHJ on topic New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

Posted 17 Apr 2019 10:17 #3
The NewBlue Starter Pack, NewBlue Filters, NewBlue Video Essentials VI for Windows, and SeMW are missing.

Instead of NewBlue Video Essentials VI for Windows, I have NewBlue VideoFX for Sony Vegas MSPPS and I have NewBlue Titler EX for Sony Vegas MSPPS

What led me to discover this is that when I first installed the Suite I had FX component called VideoTuneup and it is now missing.
by RandyHJ

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

Posted 17 Apr 2019 16:26 #4
In the new version of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16, they have removed Folder view from the Video FX, Transitions and Media Generators tabbed windows.
This terrible change to the program is creating confusion for some people.

vkmast has already explained the alternate method for seeing "folder view" in Vegas Movie Studio.

To see exactly which FX Vegas can see, you need to open the Plug-In Chooser window.
Press the fx button on the Video track.

When you have this window open, please take a screen shot and upload to the forum.
If you don't know how to take a screen shot, read instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/welcome-to-msz/1541-how-to-take-a-screen-shot-of-your-desktop-and-upload-it-to-the-forum#7660

NewBlue Video Essentials VI for Windows does not come with Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16
NewBlue Starter Pack probably came with Movie Studio Suite 13
SeMW is only compatible with Vegas Pro
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by vkmast on topic New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

Posted 17 Apr 2019 19:00 #5
As DoctorZen says. Note also that the "Supreme Package" includes
NewBlue Transitions 5 Ultimate (65 plugins)
NewBlue Cartoonr Plus (under NB Stylizers)
NewBlue Essentials 5 V3 (9 FX)
NewBlue Chroma Key Pro (under NB Elements)

See what is included in NB Transitions 5 Ultimate here:
www.newbluefx.com/products/transitions/transitions-ultimate/

In addition to what the Good Doc and myself wrote before, you can see
the "Plug-In Chooser - Transition" window
if you overlap two events on the timeline and right-click (see "hand") on that area.
From the opening "context menu" proceed as below (i.e. Transition > Insert other...)

You should then see the relevant window.

My SEMW folder in VMS 16 Platinum has only their Auto Levels plug-in (v.1.0.11.0), which seems compatible.
As Doc said, NewBlue Video Essentials VI for Windows does not come with Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16.
NewBlue Filters are from another install as well, not from VMSSuite 16.
And NewBlue Starter Pack (with MSPPS) came with Movie Studio Suite 13, and with MSS 12 as well AFAICR.
The included NewBlue Titler EX and Titler Pro 7 Express are most likely incompatible. If you have MSPPS you may need
to uninstall it. I think the "Video tune up" plug-in came with MSPPS in MSS 12 and/or 13.
And be sure not to confuse Titler EX with Titler Pro 7 Express!
newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001505812-Titler-Pro-7-Express-Help

And regarding NewBlueFX, the thread linked below and the comments there from DoctorZen are definitely worth a GOOD read!
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2222-vegas-movie-studio-16-stops-loading-when-creating-windows#11253
Last Edit:06 Feb 2020 08:11 by vkmast
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Splinterdog

Replied by RandyHJ on topic New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

Posted 18 Apr 2019 06:32 #6
Here is my screenshot. I am puzzled why I am missing the Video Tuneup component.

by RandyHJ
Attachments:

Posted 18 Apr 2019 07:45 #7
Re your Video Tuneup, please read carefully this thread (and the screenshots) www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/psychedelic-or-psychotic--105070/ .
That thread and DoctorZen's comments such as post #10 in this thread I linked to earlier may help understand the issue(s).

I am puzzled if all the NewBlue "components" shown in your screenshot are in fact working. You seem to have the items of Supreme Package listed (at least the folders. And you have not commented on the Transitions so far even though I have posted two screenshots for you to check.) Can you please tell us if (any of) those plug-ins in your screenshot from Supreme Package and NB Titler Pro 7 Express are available?
by vkmast

Posted 19 Apr 2019 09:46 #8
I tried some of the transitions out on two pieces of video and they did work. Thank you!
by RandyHJ

Replied by Splinterdog on topic New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

Posted 27 Jul 2020 06:32 #9
I've been browsing this forum years and just wanted to say thanks for this tip.
I couldn't find the NewBlue Transitions 5 Ultimate that came free with MSP 16, but now I can.
Cheers for that!

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New Blue FX items missing in VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite

Posted 27 Jul 2020 13:02 #10

I've been browsing this forum years and just wanted to say thanks for this tip.
I couldn't find the NewBlue Transitions 5 Ultimate that came free with MSP 16, but now I can.
Cheers for that!

Hi Splinterdog - Welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Jul 2020 13:03 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.893 seconds