VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering my 2 1/2 minute video on Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 crashes my pc

• SteveU
  • SteveU's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
I have an new HP Omen pc with 16 Gb of Ram. I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago. I just purchased Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 Build 109 a month ago and now am starting to use it. Upon rendering my video at about the 2 minute mark my hard disk starts spinning and making a whineing sound, my monitors go black and I hold down power button on pc to shut it off. HP support instructed me to hold Windows key + b key + Power button on box for 20 seconds 3 times in a row to get it to reboot. That worked. I go to render again and the same thing happens, both monitors go black, keyboard does not work, and hard drive whineing Any suggestions as to why I can't render a video with my new software? Thanks! Steve
Last Edit:22 Jul 2019 09:34 by SteveU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi SteveU and welcome to the MSZ Forum

That's weird, never heard of that before.
It sounds like there is something wrong with the actual computer, if it is brand new.
Normally the type of thing you are describing, would only happen on an old computer that is caked in dust and over heating.

Rendering video is the most stressful thing you can do to a CPU, so if something is wrong it will show up when rendering.
My gut feeling is that there is something physically wrong with your computer. If that is the case, you need to contact HP Support and tell them what is happening.

Suggestions
1. If you are comfortable opening your computer, I would do that and make sure everything inside is connected properly.
Sometimes during shipping, things like the Graphics Card can pop out of the PCIE slot.
Also check all the cables are connected properly from the Power Supply to Motherboard.

2. Make sure you connected your monitors to the correct Graphics Output.
On most PCs, you will have 2 places on the back you can connect monitors to.
If you have a dedicated Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphics card, it will be located near the bottom, on back on PC.
Don't connect to monitor out near top of PC - this is a basic connector on the Motherboard that bypasses GPU and connects to Intel Integrated Graphics instead.

3. HOWEVER, if there is a problem with your Graphics Card and you do have an Intel CPU, I would recommend doing a test.
Disconnect BOTH monitors and reconnect your main monitor to monitor out near top of PC (at back).
Now test Vegas again.
Does it work now ?

4. Which GPU settings are you using in Vegas ?
Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration
If you have a dedicated Graphics Card connected to both monitors, set Vegas to use Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphics.
Re-boot Vegas to accept new settings.
Now do another test.
Does it work now ?

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• SteveU
  • SteveU's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Derek:

Thanks for the Welcome! Glad to be here.
It's been a few months since I've done any video editing and that was with version 12 on windows 7.
Now on windows 10 and version 16 of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum I forgot that I needed to make a custom template to match the camera settings I'm using on my Sony HDR-XR160 camcorder .

I remember seeing this video when I started using version 12 and creating my custom rendering template back years ago. I just finished creating my template in version 16 and it rendered perfect.

www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/2350-rendering-why-does-my-video-look-different-after-i-rendered-it#11946

Thanks for the forum and enabling me to get my brain working by reading some of the posts!!!

Steve
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:07 by SteveU

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds