VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Very slow startup for Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16

Very slow startup for Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 was created by jamtrax99

Posted 06 Aug 2019 04:13 #1
Hi, just installed "movie studio suite" and all went as expected. My question is how quick does the program start up? It takes about a minute of before the first home page and then If I click on"power user" it takes another minute or so while displayed this;- not responding!. then if finally boots into the main page. I already searched the forum but found nothing hence my query. Thanks for any info. My PC is new & very fast so doubt it's that as other programs run just fine. specs: Intel quad core 3.6Ghz 8100. 24Gb DDR4 RAM. 1Tb solid stated drive. 2Tb 2nd drive. 1060GTX 6Gb. graphics. thanks!
Last Edit:06 Aug 2019 12:05 by jamtrax99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Very slow startup for Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16

Posted 06 Aug 2019 12:05 #2
Hi jamtrax99 and welcome to the MSZ Forum

If the program is getting stuck at the Creating Windows stage of the startup sequence, that is a known bug in the last 4 versions of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum (13, 14, 15 and 16).

This only happens on computers that have extra 3rd party Video FX installed like NewBlueFX, BorisFX, etc....
People who don't have 3rd party FX installed will see the program open within a few seconds.
I have reported this bug to the developers of Magix over and over again, and they have yet to fix it.
I am going to report it again, because I also experience the same problem.

Your second problem relates closely to the first problem. I have made the assumption that you bought version 16.
Version 16 has removed the folder view from the Video FX and Media Generators window - this means that when you open those windows, every single Video Effect installed is trying to generate thumbnails for all your FX. You need to be patient when you go to the Video FX or Media Generators tab and wait up to 10 seconds for the thumbnails to be drawn, then you should experience no delays.
I will also be reporting this problem to Magix as well.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by jamtrax99 on topic Very slow startup for Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16

Posted 06 Aug 2019 17:32 #3
Thank you for that info which has clarified my concerns fully! Have a nice day!
Last Edit:06 Aug 2019 17:49 by jamtrax99
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds