VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering to Intermediate file formats in Vegas Movie Studio

• sargan
  • sargan's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 9
Having been given some files (1920x1080 mov) ..... if I work on these and wish to save them ... and then they would be used in another VMS project is there an Intermediate file format to use.
On other applications, I would use Lagarith ... but this does not appear as an option in VMS 16 even though CODEC is installed on PC.

Second (related Q) if I have these imported files on a project timeline, cut & edited as required..... is there a better way to get them into the final project where the other files are without an intermediate 'render'.
Last Edit:07 Aug 2019 12:44 by sargan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering to Intermediate file formats in Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 07 Aug 2019 12:44 #2
I made 2 different tutorials on intermediate formats and Vegas:
1. You can render to AVID DNxHD
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/593-render-avid-dnxhd-video-vegas-pro-movie-studio

2. You can render to Cineform
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/592-render-cineform-video-from-vegas-pro-movie-studio

Second (related Q) if I have these imported files on a project timeline, cut & edited as required..... is there a better way to get them into the final project where the other files are without an intermediate 'render'.

If I am understanding you correctly, you can use a method I use all the time.
Open a 2nd instance of Vegas, so that you have Vegas open twice at the same time.
Now you can copy and paste your edits from one the first Vegas project into the 2nd new one.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• sargan
  • sargan's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 9

Replied by sargan on topic Rendering to Intermediate file formats in Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 07 Aug 2019 20:21 #3
Thanks - answers my ask ....
Last Edit:08 Aug 2019 10:04 by sargan

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.055 seconds