Solved Movie Studio Platinum shuts down when selecting New Blue Titler in Media Generators

• Thank you received: 4

Movie Studio Platinum shuts down when selecting New Blue Titler in Media Generators was created by tuppers

Hi,
This problem occurred when I was using Movie Studio 12 and is still a problem now I have upgraded to 16. When I select either of the New Blue Titlers in Media Generators, Movie Studio shuts down. When I reopen the programme I can sometimes continue for a while before it shuts down again. As it is happening in both versions of MSP I wonder if it's a problem with my laptop?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
31 Aug 2019 19:42 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum shuts down when selecting New Blue Titler in Media Generators

Hi tuppers

I'm not sure what happened, but the screen shot you uploaded has disappeared.
If it is important, please re-upload.

You can't have 2 different versions of NBFX Titler Express installed on the same computer - NBFX does not allow this.
I experienced this myself a few years back - it caused MASSIVE problems on my computer.
You need to decide which version you prefer to use.

The first thing I recommend you do is uninstall BOTH versions of Titler Express.
Then do a full program reset for both versions of Vegas you have installed.
After the reset, try opening each version and see if the problem is fixed.

Instructions for how to reset Vegas here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

Please report back with what happens.

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
31 Aug 2019 20:03 #2

Replied by tuppers on topic Movie Studio Platinum shuts down when selecting New Blue Titler in Media Generators

Hi Derek,
Many thanks for the super-quick reply.....still awaiting a response from New Blue!
I'm not sure it's due to having two versions on the computer at the same time, the problem arose when I was just running MSP 12 with New Blue Titler. However I'll try your suggested fix and let you know what happens.
I've attached the screenshot that went AWOL.
Regards,
Tuppers
31 Aug 2019 20:11 #3
Attachments:

Replied by tuppers on topic Movie Studio Platinum shuts down when selecting New Blue Titler in Media Generators

Hi Derek,
Resetting MSP12 has solved the problem on that, thank you.
When I bought MSP16 yesterday I received and installed New Blue Titler EX-OpenFX and New Blue Titler Pro 7 Express. I removed NBT Pro7 Express and MSP16 works fine. I re-installed it and the problem re-occurred. As you said, it does not appear possible to run two versions of NBT.
As I become more familiar with MSP 16 I'll remove MSP 12 but can I move all my MSP 12 files to the MSP 16 documents folder without any problems?
Regards,
Tuppers
31 Aug 2019 20:48 #4

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum shuts down when selecting New Blue Titler in Media Generators

The screen shot you uploaded is of zero value, without the data readout.
If Vegas crashes and the error window opens again, you need to select the 2 check boxes in bottom left corner, then copy and paste everything inside the window, into the forum. This will tell me where the problem lies.

When I was talking about different versions of the NBFX Titler, I wasn't saying it may be a problem, I was saying it IS a definite problem. You cannot have different versions installed on the same computer. The way I read your message, I assumed you had the old version of Titler Express from your VMSP12 and the new Titler 7 version from VMSP16.

Don't move your old version 12 projects into the version 16 folder !
You could end up making a HUGE mistake and lose important projects if you do the wrong thing by accident.
Version 12 projects should open in version 16, but sometimes they may only work in v12.
If you open a v12 project in v16 and then re-save it, you will never be able to open it again in v12.
If something goes wrong, you could lose everything!
So be careful and keep old and new projects separated.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
31 Aug 2019 22:56 #5

Thanks Derek. If it crashes again I'll do as you suggest and post to the forum.
And thanks for the heads-up on moving files - I'll leave them exactly where they are!
One final question - when I'm running v16 and I use New Blue Titler EX-OpenFX there's a watermark. I assume it's part of the New Blue Supreme package which came with v16. I've put the serial number in when requested and on the FX Home App Manager it shows the app as active. Am I missing something?

Derek, I've now resolved this issue by doing a clean install. I removed all New Blue apps and then re-installed the New Blue Supreme Package and New Blue Titler Pro 7 Express.
There is now no New Blue Titler in v12 but both versions are working properly.
Thanks again and there's a wee donation on its way to you :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
31 Aug 2019 23:19 #6

Hi again

Thanks for the donation :)

That problem with the watermark is one of the many complications of having different versions of Titler installed.
NBFX is a bloody nightmare when it goes wrong - I think they make things too complicated instead of keeping it simple.

I must admit that Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 was one of my favourite versions of Movie Studio ever !
However, version 16 is the best version now by far !
I will be resuming the making of new tutorials for v16 in the coming weeks...
I moved my website and forum onto a new web hosting company and there have been heaps of complications which sucked the life out of me.
Thankfully 99% of the problems are now resolved, which means I can get back to making new tutorials.

Cheers :)
Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: tuppers
01 Sep 2019 13:17 #7

Pleased you're resolving the problems with your web hosting:) Looking forward to the v16 tutorials, lots of stuff to learn on there!
01 Sep 2019 18:50 #8

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.