VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Blu-ray Bitrate Calculator

• RobWS
  • RobWS's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 7

Blu-ray Bitrate Calculator was created by RobWS

Posted 06 Oct 2019 21:52 #1
I use Mark's DVD Bitrate Calculator when setting the maximum, average, and minimum bitrates for rendering my DVD's in variable mode. I noticed that it's not until 59 minutes of program material is exceeded that the recommended bitrates start to fall.

Since Mark's Bitrate Calculator does not include Blu-ray discs, what is the maximum amount of time for a Blu-ray disc before the bitrates should be reduced? Is it 2 hours? In MS16 Platinum, the default Blu-ray variable bitrates for maximum, average, and minimum are 30,000,000 and 25,000,000 and 20,000,000 respectively. I always just leave those as is and hope for the best.

Is there a bitrate calculator available for rendering Blu-ray as there is for DVD?

Thank you.
by RobWS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by FayFen on topic Blu-ray Bitrate Calculator

Posted 06 Oct 2019 22:49 #2
Here you can set BD
dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php
I think...
by FayFen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Blu-ray Bitrate Calculator

Posted 07 Oct 2019 00:38 #3
@FayFen
The link you have provided is exactly what I use for Blu-ray disc Bit Rates, using MPEG-2 encoding.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• RobWS
  • RobWS's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 7

Replied by RobWS on topic Blu-ray Bitrate Calculator

Posted 07 Oct 2019 00:51 #4
Thank you for the link. I will have to start using this going forward to take the guessing/hoping out of my projects.
Last Edit:07 Oct 2019 12:38 by RobWS

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.772 seconds