VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite build 175 doesn't start.

VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite build 175 doesn't start. was created by LukeBeyond

Posted 07 Jan 2021 21:42 #1
Hello guys,

I have another issue with my VMS 16.

It doesn't start at all. It freezes at the very beggining
during  Creating video plug-in factory,
It just won't start. 
I have to kill the process.

I made a reset, cleared cache, cleared the registry, reinstalled it two or even three times.
it keeps freezing at the same point.

Any ideas, please?
I got so many projects in the queue, gotta finish them asap.

Help, please.
PS. I downloaded an update or patch. 
It doesn't work.

Below is the error details.

Extra Information
   File:                C:\Users\abatec1\AppData\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\abatec1\AppData\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\abatec1\AppData\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_Filters.Stereoscopic3DAdjust' (0, Multiple Contexts).log
   File:                C:\Users\abatec1\AppData\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_Filters.Stereoscopic3DAdjust' (0, Filter).log
   File:                C:\Users\abatec1\AppData\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'de.magix_Stabilize' (0, Multiple Contexts).log
   File:                C:\Users\abatec1\AppData\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'de.magix_Stabilize' (0, Filter).log

Problem Description
   Application Name:    Movie Studio Platinum
   Application Version: Version 16.0 (Build 175)

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Movie Studio Platinum 16.0\MovieStudioPlatinum160.exe
   Process Version:     Version 16.0 (Build 175)
   Process Description: Movie Studio Platinum
   Process Image Date:  2019-12-10 (Tue Dec 10) 19:34:48

Any help very much appreciated.
BR
Lukas.
Last Edit:08 Jan 2021 17:13 by LukeBeyond
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by LukeBeyond on topic VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite build 175 doesn't start.

Posted 07 Jan 2021 23:39 #2
Ok. Solved.

The issue was the latest Intel UHD 630 Grahics driver.
The current one is dated 28.02.2018
ver 23.20.16.4973
and it works great.

I updated this driver yesterday, the driver was dated 28.01.2020 or sth like that, and haven't used the VMS since.
Today it froze. After few hours of reading and testing some ideas I figured out this new driver could be the case.

And it was. I restored the driver to it's previous version and now the VMS is working.

Thank you for help, Luke :P

Anyway hope it will help if you find yourself in the same situation.

Best from Poland.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite build 175 doesn't start.

Posted 08 Jan 2021 17:14 #3
Hi Luke

Thank you for posting back with the solution that worked for you !!!

Cheers :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.851 seconds