VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved In Sony Movie Studio 13 what's the keyboard shortcut to deselect or unselect a clip?

I've positioned cursor at a specific time on the timeline, and I want to cut or do something at that specific time, then I realize I've got another clip selected somewhere on the timeline.

How do I deselect that clip which I'm not interested in without having to click off the clip, and move the cursor inadvertently?
Last Edit:15 Feb 2015 03:36 by conspirisi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you are doing cuts/splits on the timeline, make sure to position the cursor by "pressing on top the exact clip that you want to edit". This will highlight only this clip. When you press S for split now, only this clip will be affected. Any videos above or below at the same point will not be affected.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

good to know, however that's an answer to a different question. i too could use an answer to the question in the original post

Online Help (F1) Keyboard shortcuts > Event selection and editing > Command unselect all, Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+Shift+A.
Then Ctrl+Click to select just the one event.
George may remember this discussion .
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

vkmast wrote: ~~ George may remember this discussion .

Yes, I do.

definition of a vkmast
a. key word search extraordinaire
b. total recall
c. persistence beyond patients
d. a knack for finding what others have missed!

Thanks again vkmast. :cheer:
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.726 seconds