VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Importing mp4 file from Elgato HD60 sometimes has no audio?!?!

• duhmez
  • duhmez's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6
I capture with both Hauppage HD PVR 2 but I tossed it and got Elgate HD60 capture and with both if I capture LONG videoes, 1 hour +, they tend to import without audio into movie studio?!?! very frustrating. Short capture seem to work fine, and most mp4 I downloaded work fine when tested.

WHt I mean is there is no audio track at all imported, as if it were video only. If I use another app to separate the audio to wav then bring it in this works around it.

Any toughts on this, obviously I want to just drop my mp4 into vegas for editing.

EDIT: I just tried a few more times with the same audio file and now it worked. ?!! SO it is intermittent. Have ya;ll heard of this issue or know anything about it?

EDIT 2: For the record, the last time I checked I installed the newest Quicktime as instructed when I got Movie Studio 13.
Last Edit:18 Dec 2015 18:31 by duhmez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Importing mp4 file from Elgato HD60 sometimes has no audio?!?!

Posted 10 Dec 2015 21:41 #2
Someone has posted a solution video on YouTube that shows how to get Audio from Elgato working in Sony Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum.

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.797 seconds