VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendered files too big

Rendered files too big was created by LeonSteinhoff

Posted 06 Mar 2016 22:06 #1
Hello guys!
I´m new to this forum and also new to Sony Movie Studio. So far I am very content with it. My version is Platinum Suite 12.0.
But there is one problem I get with rendering or producing the edited videos. Yesterday I rendered a video of over an hour. Yes I know thats very long and my current project will certainly not be that big. But more than half of the video is just sound, no video, and the rendering process stops after a while saying there isn´t enough disc space on my computer. That´s because the rendered file is a 261 GB (not kidding!!) .avi file.
I checked all rendering settings and they match the video´s characteristics. Also note that the rendering process stopped after a while, so the video is only 45 minutes long. Can you help me with that? What could be the issue?
Thanks for all replies.
Greetings, Leon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendered files too big

Posted 06 Mar 2016 23:05 #2
Hi Leon and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

Your problem should be easy to fix.
Stop rendering to .avi - this is a un-compressed file format and should never be used for final delivery of a project.
Video for Windows .avi can be used as an intermediate format during the production of a project, but in reality no one really does. There are far better options for this.

The first thing you need to do is delete all those massive files off your Hard Drive.
I would also suggest to open up the Movie Studio Temporary Files & Settings Cache and make sure you don't have any massive files hiding in there as well.
Open a File Explorer page in Windows and go to this address:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\12.0\
Please note the UserName will be unique to your computer and say something different.
Once inside, you can sort via File Size and check if anything HUGE is in here - anything over a 1 Megabyte needs to go. The biggest files should only be up to about 500kB in here.

You should be rendering to Mainconcept AVC/AAC .mp4 for most projects.
I have a video showing how to do this here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/441-how-to-render-1080p-video-movie-studio-platinum-12

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeonSteinhoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds