Solved Problem with switching between windows and media going offline

• Thank you received: 10
When I have Movie Studio Platinum #11 open, it will work fine. If I have to switch over to the internet, another window, another folder, or anywhere away from Movie Studio, when I come back to Movie Studio, there is several seconds of delay before it lets me work in Movie Studio again. The mouse cursor turns to the circle during this time. I think this might be a conflict with my antivirus program (AVG) or my malware program (Malwarebytes). I'm not sure. It has happened in the past and I reinstalled movie studio, but it eventually started again.
11 Mar 2016 01:25 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1521
Hi Drummerkat

I have moved your message into a new thread in the Movie Studio Platinum sub-forum, because your asking a question that is not really a tutorial request.

The problem you are describing is normal behaviour for Movie Studio Platinum and Vegas Pro.
If you don't shut the program down and go to another application, the media files will go off-line.
You can actually change a setting in the Preferences and stop this from happening.
Go to Options/Preferences/General
Turn off Close media files when not the active application

If your computer is slow to bring the media files back online, that probably indicates your Hard Drive and/or CPU are a bit on the slow side.
I have a very fast CPU and use an SSD (Solid State Drive) for my main drive, and have plenty of RAM. When my files go offline, they only take 1 or 2 seconds to go back online when I return to the program.

:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
11 Mar 2016 01:46 #2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2022 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.