VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Trying to make blu-ray disc per instructions in tutorial aaaaahow to Burn a DVD or Blu-Ray Disc

I am trying to burn a Blu-Ray disc. It renders properly but does not burn to disc. I am using a Samsung SE-506C burner and Verbatim BD-R blank discs
I am attaching a series of screenshots which will tell the story better than I can write about it
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
by D4Stone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When people have problems burning a disc direct from the timeline, I always advise to use a different method and use DVD Architect as well.

I would like you to use the same method people with Vegas Pro use.
Follow instructions from this tutorial:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/532-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-vegas-pro

Also in your screen shot Att3, you have selected a video template that I never use and have never shown in my tutorials.
Don't use 1440x1080 - this is old school and not really used anymore.
Always select 1920x1080
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D4Stone

Thanks Derek, I'll give it a go and thanks for catching the 1440x1080 setting. That was definitely a mistake on my part. I am going to take your advice and get some rewriteable discs before I go any further. I'll let you know how this works for me
Later....
Don
by D4Stone

Hi Don,
Don't know if this makes any difference!
1. When I had this situation arise (twice if I remember - I went back and ensured that there was no conflict showing when clicking on "optimise disc" in DVDA
2. Presuming that your project is in "progressive" rather than "interlaced" - will having "blend fields" rather than "none" highlighted for de-interlace method have any effect - Project settings ( hoping Derek will clarify this as I set as "none" for progressive video)

Regards,

Peter
by Peter

Hi Don,

When I first started using Movie Studio 13, I was also having issues burning to a disc. I was rendering the movie first then bringing into DVDA Studio, but found that the problem I typically had was "modifying" the default settings in DVDA where the cache/temp files would be located. Did the reset for MSPS and DVDA, and that helped, though I do set different drives for MSPS, as well as Vegas Pro on my other machine.

Speaking of drives, I noticed that you have the files being rendered going to a USB drive, which does not have lot of room left (your backup drive), then pulling back to the "C:\" drive for burning. Plus, you have another drive with very limited space showing in the "Red". As a former IT Guy, this is putting a big strain on your system with limited space, since no matter what version of windows you have, even if running 64-bit, the swapping that windows does could be having issues. One thing that could possibly help, is try to get a dedicated drive just for your media/rendering like a 1 TB Western Digital black (note: WD has gotten rid of their Green drives and are now incorporated into the Blue series, but with the drive improvements even running at 5400 RPM shouldn't be too much of an issue). This is if you have the space within your computer for an extra drive, along with a power connector off the PSU for it. As far as the size, you would best know since you know how much footage you would need. If you are using more HD 1080, or plan to go 2K/4K in the future, I would recommend at least a 1 TB drive that spins at 7200 RPM. Heck, you can even reference back to "The Doctor's" rig he built a few years ago on insight for drives. Yes, even he had a few tidbit morsels that I would have overlooked in some of my builds for machines to edit with. Never too old to learn!

Hope this helps a little.

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
Last Edit:15 Mar 2016 13:46 by mmcswnavy24

Well, I had a message almost ready to send you and I must have hit a wrong key somehow and it disappeared. I'll try again. I have a terrible File Structure. I would like to find out how to set up an appropriate file structure on an external 2 Tb hard drive that I have. If you know of any material available to help me do this, I would appreciate it. I have not been successful saving to blue-ray yet and I just know it is something I need to do with the settings. I really get frustrated after taking the time to edit and render thew program and then save to blu-ray and only at the last 99% done do I get an error message.
By the way Drive c:\ of course is my internal Hard drive and that is where I have Movie Studio Premiere located. I keep mu video data files on the F:\ external hard drive and thew E:\ drive is full and loaded with photos from when I was working with Photoshop and still pictures. I should probably remove that drive until I need it.
Thanks for jumping in here Chief, I appreciate the help.

Don Stone
by D4Stone

Thanks Peter....Another avenue I can check. I am going to start all over tomorrow from scratch and see if I can get it right

When I do get it accomplished I know I will have a lot more knowledge about the whole process thanks to The willingness of members in this forum to want to help

Thanks....
Don Stone
by D4Stone

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!...I found the solution to my problem late last evening. I went to the Sony website looking for possible updates because I am using Windows 10 and both MSP and DVDA were installed prior to Windows 10. The version of DVDA I had installed was build 178 and there was an updated version of build 186. I downloaded it and installed it on my computer and when I tried making a Blu-Ray disk it worked without any problems.
Thank you all for your help, I learned a lot in this process.

Don Stone
by D4Stone

Isn't it a good feeling when things work out well!

Peter
by Peter

Peter wrote: Isn't it a good feeling when things work out well!

Peter

Amen to that !

[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.942 seconds