VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved BUG: Most presets disappeared, no mainconcept, no Sony, A WORKAROUND

• duhmez
  • duhmez's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6
This bug I have come across numerous times now and I don't know why. I go to make movie and all the needed presets are gone, maybe just a few audio ones are showing. A fix for this, instead of resetting Vegas to default or reinstalling, is click on the filter button above, mine says no filters, just go ahead and add any fandom filter, then click it and remove all filters again.

Like magic that is it, they all come back like normal.

I hope Sony nnows about this and is working on it, it is pretty major.
Last Edit:20 Apr 2016 18:57 by duhmez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi duhmez,

I'm assuming you are referencing 'Render Options'. I've never missed any of the render option formats or templates, but if you have come across this 'bug' numerous times, there may come a time that it strikes me, and I will need your workaround.

However, I'm not following your post, would you explain it for me, I'm a bit lost. You mention 'Vegas', but also 'Make Movie', so I think you are referring to Sony Movie Studio, could you specify which version and build you have experienced the missing presets? And, by 'preset' are you referencing render format 'Templates'? My Movie Studio Platinum version 13 (build 955) in 'Make Movie' 'Advanced options...' doesn't have 'no filters', rather 'Filters' either 'On' or 'Off'.....'Filters Off' is probably what you mean saying 'no filters', is that correct? The part that really puzzles me is, if you don't have any formats or templates, how are you creating a phantom? Are you using an audio format?

Thanks for any clarification you may provide.

Also, I would never assume Sony knows about any bug until I confirmed it with them. Have you sent a bug report to Sony? Of course, they may not address it, but at least you would know they were informed.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:03 Apr 2016 06:19 by Eagle Six

This may be a good place to remind of this FAQ .
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Thanks for the FAQ vk.

Another question for duhmez......have you had any shut downs since you applied your workaround?
Best Regards......George

• duhmez
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
OK some answers. Movie Studio 13, build 955.

Project>make movie>Save to my hard drive>Advanced options>

In the left window should be SON ACN, mainconcept,Ogg Vorbis, etc etc. when the bug happens, this list is very small and missing tons of what is normally suposed to be there, including Sony AVC aqnd Mainconcept mp4.

Above the right windows is a button that says "filters off"

I click it and choose any filter at all, such as show favorites only, or audio templates only, or whatever, any one at all. Then I click it again and choose filters off. BAM! Everything returns to normal and all are back.

It happened to me probably about 5 times, in a duration while trying to encode probably 50-75 videos. Probably has happened to me about 2-3% of the time. First I panicked and was going to look into restoring default install settings but before I did I somehow thought I would mess with the filter and lucky me it worked.

As for Eagle six, I do not know what you mean about if I had any shut downs since my workaround??

If you mean program crashes, freezing while encode, yes I have, always whe choosing Cuda. Think my cuda on GTX 570 is no good, either damaged cuda chips or some incompatibility with mainconcep's cuda + GTX 570.
by duhmez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

duhmez wrote: As for Eagle six, I do not know what you mean about if I had any shut downs since my workaround??

If you mean program crashes, freezing while encode, yes I have, always whe choosing Cuda. Think my cuda on GTX 570 is no good, either damaged cuda chips or some incompatibility with mainconcep's cuda + GTX 570.

Thanks duhmez for the step by steps, it makes more sense what your workaround is. As for the 'shut down', that was a poor choice of words, I think I may have had my head in a difference post at the time. What I meant was, have you experienced the missing formats since you applied your workaround. It appears you have.

As for your GTX 570, have you tried setting your ram preview to zero? Preferences > Video > Dynamic ram preview. It comes 200 by default. I have read other users set it to zero and have better preview and render results with the GTX 570 and using cuda. I have a GTX 460, so I don't know this for a fact, but it may be worth a try.
Best Regards......George

• duhmez
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Eagle Six wrote:

duhmez wrote:
As for your GTX 570, have you tried setting your ram preview to zero? Preferences > Video > Dynamic ram preview. It comes 200 by default. I have read other users set it to zero and have better preview and render results with the GTX 570 and using cuda. I have a GTX 460, so I don't know this for a fact, but it may be worth a try.

I habe OT tried setting my ram preview to zero, and in fact now that you mentioned it I think I may have set it higher than 200 sometime in the past! Maybe that is my issue! I will mess with it and it would be awesome if it fixes it! Without cuda and high res + 60 fps videos I have been making have been taking forever!!

by duhmez

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds