VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Video track number limitation and track motion.

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Video track number limitation and track motion. was created by Peter

Posted 22 Mar 2016 10:38 #1
Hi to all,
Before I get to involved with my next project- am wondering if there is an easier method than the one I intend to employ.

No eye rolling - just humour me!

I am aiming to show the different gaits (styles of limb placement order) that a dog uses under differing conditions - by viewing limb movement and placement with slow motion video clips Overlain circles of four different colours will indicate where each limb is placed to show the track patterns created.
Slow motion is no problem.

The circles will be introduced onto the time line as .png images with a transparent background via. overlays to the main video track.
At the coordinate in the frame where the dog places its front left paw on the ground - the (red) circle will be manually placed using the motion tracking tool. Using key frames the circle will track the paw print position as the dog moves on.

A second overlay will repeat the above for the front right paw (overlay with a blue circle) - and again repeated for the two hind limbs (each having a circle of a differing colour).

This will then allow the creation of a track pattern to remain marking the positions and sequence on the ground where the dog placed its paws. The tracking motion is required as the camera is not in a static position but following the dog as it travels - therefore the prints move relative to the screen.

Obviously this technique gobbles up video tracks and since MS ver11 only allows 10 tracks as a maximum - I will only be able to track 10 paw prints before rendering the clip. The rendered clip would then once placed into a "new" project and another ten prints followed.

Is there any other method of increasing the number of paw print positions that are tracked via. overlays.

I am limited to MS plat. ver 11.

Got to do something when its blowing a blizzard outside!

Peter
by Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Video track number limitation and track motion.

Posted 23 Mar 2016 13:34 #2
Hi Peter

I am completely overwhelmed right now with new people asking questions, due to the new video series.
Version 13 allows up to 20 x Video and 20 x Audio tracks.
When you run out of tracks, the best thing to do is break the project into sub-projects and render out sections which are then imported back into the Master project. If you had Vegas Pro, this is not a problem, because you can add a massive amount of tracks and also use Nested Projects, which is projects within projects.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Replied by Peter on topic Video track number limitation and track motion.

Posted 23 Mar 2016 13:55 #3
Hi Derek,
Your comments confirmed how I believed things to stand.

Actually things are working out quite well - so far!

The distance between the circles is limited so key framing is easy and they run off the "screen" rather quickly so the overlays are of short duration - meaning another one can be placed on to the same track.
The only thing I have to work out is when I tried to economise (to see what would happen) with overlay tracks. That caused an overlap between two overlays and I had a situation where the "wrong" one was active even though the correct overlay was highlighted. Too tired to deal with it tonight!

Makes me appreciate the input you are giving in getting the "tips" out there. Still - it's obvious there is an actor of calibre bursting out on to the world stage.

Looking forward to the finale - what will it entail?

Ah- I know, Sony have you lined up to introduce the new Vegas 14 version.

Peter
Last Edit:26 Mar 2016 11:12 by Peter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.737 seconds