VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Missing Proxy File Creation command

• tony
  • tony's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Missing Proxy File Creation command was created by tony

Posted 22 Mar 2016 22:59 #1
Hi, I'm running Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13. I've just had the latest Windows 10 update installed, Windows 10 Home version 1511 (OS Build 10586.164)

Since the update when I use Movie Studio I can no longer create Proxy Files, when I right click a file the command to make a proxy file just is not there.

Do I have to re-install Movie Studio? If so do I have to delete the whole program and re-install it or is it alright to install it again over the top of the installed program?

I've attached a screen shot at the point where I select a file to make a proxy copy.

Thank in anticipation of your reply. I'm loving all the new instructional videos you are creating.
by tony
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Missing Proxy File Creation command

Posted 23 Mar 2016 01:03 #2
Hi Tony

I just answered your other question first instead of this one. Now I know that you are using Windows 10.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your computer. You can't create Proxies from the Explorer tab.
You can only do this from the Project Media tab and it is not showing in your screen shot.
Go to View/Window/Project Media and turn back this window back on.
Now you should see Create Video Proxy when you right-click a file inside this tab.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

• tony
  • tony's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by tony on topic Missing Proxy File Creation command

Posted 23 Mar 2016 02:53 #3
Thanks Doctor Zen. I have done as you said and everything works as usual. You learn something new every day.
by tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.876 seconds