VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Adding a "crying Jordan" static head to a preexisting video

Thanks for creating your website and this forum, I'm grateful!

How do you add a still head shot to a video? I'd like to put a crying Jordan head on a friends video by essentially swapping out his head www.moviestudiozen.com/media/kunena/emoticons/silly.png
Last Edit:24 May 2016 18:53 by kalarian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Adding a "crying Jordan" static head to a preexisting video

Posted 08 May 2016 02:45 #2
Hi kalarian, and welcome to the forums,

I'm obviously not Derek, the creator of this Movie Studio Zen website, but thought I would post a reply, as others may as well....

When you say 'crying Jordan head' are you referencing any of the many Michael Jordan crying head photos on the web? Or, are you referencing the 'silly' emoticon graphic that you linked in your post? Or, something else?

If you have a still with a transparent background, you can insert a video track above your video event track (existing video), and then insert the still on that top track. It will then superimpose the lower track. You can use Track Motion to size and position the still, as well as, use keyframes to animate the still.

I did a search on Derek's tutorials and couldn't find anything that is specific to what you want to do (if I understand correctly). However there are several which may help you understand the specific steps using the track notion tool, picture-in-picture, and overlays. There is a good search bar on the tutorial page.

Here is a link to a YouTube toturial I had bookmarked a while back, which may help: Overlay an Image . Although it is for Vegas Pro, it will work the same in Movie Studio.

If this doesn't clear the way for you, let us know, and we can offer more.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:10 Jun 2016 02:07 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by kalarian on topic Adding a "crying Jordan" static head to a preexisting video

Posted 19 Jun 2016 10:40 #3
Thank you so much for your speedy reply. The link you shared is exactly what I'm looking for; now I just need to find the time to do it :/

Victoria B.C.
Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.827 seconds