VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Where are Personal Preferences / Custom Presets saved to for Sound Forge Pro

Hello:

I've been using Sound Forge for quite a few years now, currently using 11, generally this would not be an issue but seeing as I have so many customs entries for the EQ, Fader, Stereo Expand I can't afford to lose them, in the past if the op/sys was lost the main program would still be available as my *programs* folder is in a different partition than the op/sys.

I have to take down the op/sys as it has an unrecoverable issue, I have already created the new replacement system & Sound Forge has been reassociated with it. The problem I have is not being able to find the folder where all of the entries for the options such as the above are found. I've looked in both the *user*/appdata/local & the roaming folders that Sony placed there, the folder is NOT in the main program folder. I've copied the settings from those folders to the new ones and have no change.

The old program (which is still active) displays my entries & they work, the new program does not.

Does anyone have any idea as to where this folder is located?
Last Edit:05 Mar 2018 10:22 by 55trucker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi 55TRUCKER

There is no one simple answer to this question, because depending on what type of plugin/effect it is, it may be saved to a different location.

Most of what you are looking for, is actually saved in the Windows Registry.
Type "regedit" into the Windows Search bar and run RegEdit.

Here are the main locations:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DirectShow\Presets
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony Media Software\Sound Forge\11.0\Presets
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DirectShow\Presets\FX Packages

Another person on the internet, has already written an excellent FAQ on this topic, which I recommend you read here:
www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=284462

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, 55trucker

All I can say is..........WOW!

I would never have even considered that route,

Followed your lead, went to the link you supplied & imitated the directions & copied the various reg keys from the old systems registry into the new registry & presto! ...they all showed up in the new program.

Can't Thk U enough for that info, this is the only forum where someone who knew the program had the answer.

thx,

Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thanks Steve.

Quite a while back, I experienced a similar problem with a different program.
When I discovered the Windows Registry is where the gold is hidden, I then went on a fishing expedition and Sound Forge was one of the first programs I explored in the Registry. Using software often enough, also gives you the skill of becoming a good detective !

There are quite a few good detectives on the Movie Studio Zen Forum.
If I don't know something, one of the other senior forum members will often know the answer.

Cheers :)
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:05 Mar 2018 17:24 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds