VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to cut out an specific spoken phrase repetition from an audiobook WAV file

There is an audiobook which CIA censored many names from the memoir, and the publisher pasted an exact audio phrase on the whole file repeatedly many times, and listening to it is a frustrating experience.
So I need a method to cut out these 30 seconds long warning phrase automatically or replace it with a simple beep. I don't want to do this on a 15 hours long audiobook manually, its very time consuming.
Can anyone guide me on how to do such task?
Thank you in advance.
Last Edit:24 Apr 2018 19:05 by ferysery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Ferysery

There is no automatic method that I know of, for finding and identifying spoken words and then editing those sections.
There maybe some method I am not aware of.
You will most likely have to do this manually.

You should be able to identify the Waveform from those 30 second sections. The Waveform will be the same shape, so when you "zoom in" on the timeline, the identical 30 second sections should be more easily identified.

If I was doing your project, I would insert silence instead of a beep.
After dragging out a Region around each 30 second section, go to Insert/Silence.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

very strange, copying a 5second exact phrase into clipboard in a sound app and searching/highlighting of the existing instance of it within the wave file automatically/sequentially, seems not an impossible task to me.
I'm wonder why no one take care of it!

I understand clearly what you are asking and would like to know how to do this myself.
I am not an expert with Sound Forge, like I am with Vegas.

I recommend you ask your question on the official Magix Forums, where there are more Sound Forge users hanging out.
If you do discover something, please report back here as well.
www.magix.info/uk/audio-forum/sound-forge-pc/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Jun 2018 11:33 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.837 seconds