VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to change pitch in Sound Forge

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

How to change pitch in Sound Forge was created by pioneer

Posted 23 Nov 2018 01:48 #1
I am currently an inexperienced user of Sound Forge 12.5 and I am looking to see whereabouts I can alter the pitch of a voice, sadly I seem unable to find anything. Is this facility in the program? Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:23 Nov 2018 16:47 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Robbie on topic How to change pitch in Sound Forge

Posted 23 Nov 2018 09:41 #2
Hi John
On the menu select "Process", then "Time Stretch ...". Around the middle of the pop up control panel you should see a couple of sliders - one to change time and the other to change Pitch. move the Pitch slider up to increase pitch and down to lower pitch. You may need to change the algorithm in the pick list from resample to one of the elastique options to change pitch without also use time shift (I'm looking at Soundforge Audio Studio 12.5 - Pro is probably similar)
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:23 Nov 2018 16:47 by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, pioneer

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to change pitch in Sound Forge

Posted 23 Nov 2018 16:48 #3
I haven't upgraded to Sound Forge Pro 12 yet - still using Sound Forge Pro 11.

In SFP11, go to Effects/Pitch

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Posted 23 Nov 2018 19:58 #4
Derek's post reminded me ... In SF Audio Studio 12.5 under the Effects tab you should find "Elastic Audio" where you can change pitch by moving the orange line on the waveform. It gives more control than the Time Stretch option I mentioned above and allows for example pitch bending by shaping the Orange line.
Cheers, Robbie
by Robbie

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic How to change pitch in Sound Forge

Posted 23 Nov 2018 23:11 #5
Thanks to both Robbie and Derek. Further question if I may... In an earlier post about pitch altering on one of Derek's Tuts (Magic Strawberries) it was shown that Vegas Audio fx were shown on Derek's SF Audio 10. Are you able to see these in SF Audio ver 12, if so whereabouts? Cheers once again to you both. John.
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Posted 24 Nov 2018 01:37 #6
Hi John
In the Magic Strawberries tutorial Derek used SF Audio Studio 10.0 and applied three audio effects – Sony Pitch Shift, Chorus and Reverberation. Sony Pitch Shift is not included in my SFAS 12.5 (and as best I can remember I don’t recall it being an included effect in SFAS 10). You may recall Derek mentions that many of the effect available in his SFAS10 were not native to the program and had been picked up from other sources - the Sony/Vegas Audio effects in that video would fit into that category. However the same results can be achieved with the Elastic Audio, Chorus/Flange and Reverb effects in SFAS 12.5. In the Elastic Audio workspace you can select regions to apply the pitch shift to using the “Pen for Quantized Drawing" tool to drag the orange line up (higher pitch) or down (lower pitch).

Hope that helps.
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:24 Nov 2018 02:02 by Robbie
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic How to change pitch in Sound Forge

Posted 24 Nov 2018 02:11 #7
Hey Robbie that's really useful, will try that, thanks for taking the time for the explanation. Cheers John
Last Edit:25 Nov 2018 15:11 by pioneer

Replied by DebbySherr on topic How to change pitch in Sound Forge

Posted 17 Oct 2020 00:07 #8
Hello...You cannot pitch shift the vocals without affecting the rest of the file with Sound Forge (or just about any other software for that matter) because of the way the music is mixed down together as one stereo waveform.

It'd be a different story, of course, if you had all the tracks separate from each other. If you had the vocal track isolated, then you'd be cooking with gas.

Did you see my post on crossfading, BTW? Did you have any success with it any?

pcb quote
Last Edit:05 Nov 2020 08:59 by DebbySherr

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to change pitch in Sound Forge

Posted 18 Oct 2020 01:10 #9

DebbySherr wrote: Hello...You cannot pitch shift the vocals without affecting the rest of the file with Sound Forge (or just about any other software for that matter) because of the way the music is mixed down together as one stereo waveform.

It'd be a different story, of course, if you had all the tracks separate from each other. If you had the vocal track isolated, then you'd be cooking with gas.

Did you see my post on crossfading, BTW? Did you have any success with it any?

Hello DebbySherr
I am the moderator for the MSZ Forum.
I'm not sure why you are replying to a 2 year old thread !!
Or what post you are referring to ?
I almost deleted your message, because it is kind of irrelevant since 2 years has passed, but you haven't posted spam, so I did approve it.
Please only make new posts on the forum or reply to active/current threads, otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Thank you.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Oct 2020 01:12 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.900 seconds