Question Cannot successfully set pre-roll in Sound Forge Pro 11

• Thank you received: 0

Cannot successfully set pre-roll in Sound Forge Pro 11 was created by ivanj

I had pre-roll set and operational in Sound Forge Pro 11. Have been using it to record successfully for a couple years. I changed PCs to a different Win 7 PC and installed SF and now I cannot get pre-roll to work although pre-roll settings/checkboxes are identical to the older Win 7 PC.
10 May 2019 10:09 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1326

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Cannot successfully set pre-roll in Sound Forge Pro 11

Hi IvanJ

I am not an expert in using Sound Forge Pro.

I assume you are referring to the Settings located here ?
Options/Preferences/Previews

Have you tried resetting the program ?
This will default all settings back to factory defaults.
After performing a reset, you will need to re-do all of your custom settings.

Instructions for how to reset here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Have you read what the Help file says ?

Pre-Roll to Cursor
Press Ctrl+Shift+K to play the data before the cursor position for the default pre-roll length.

Notes:
To set the amount of pre- and post-roll that will be played when you preview a cut, choose Preferences from the Options menu and choose the Previews tab. Type values in the Pre-roll and Post-roll boxes in the Cut preview configuration section of the dialog.

If a selection is made the pre-roll will occur for whichever end of the selection is active. To toggle between ends of the selection, use the Home and End keys.

Choose Pre-Roll to Cursor to play the data before the cursor position for the default pre-roll length.

Hold the Shift and Ctrl keys and click the Play Normal button in the data window's playbar...

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
11 May 2019 13:21 #2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.