VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Cannot successfully set pre-roll in Sound Forge Pro 11

• ivanj
  • ivanj's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Cannot successfully set pre-roll in Sound Forge Pro 11 was created by ivanj

Posted 10 May 2019 10:09 #1
I had pre-roll set and operational in Sound Forge Pro 11. Have been using it to record successfully for a couple years. I changed PCs to a different Win 7 PC and installed SF and now I cannot get pre-roll to work although pre-roll settings/checkboxes are identical to the older Win 7 PC.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 12:40 by ivanj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Cannot successfully set pre-roll in Sound Forge Pro 11

Posted 11 May 2019 13:21 #2
Hi IvanJ

I am not an expert in using Sound Forge Pro.

I assume you are referring to the Settings located here ?
Options/Preferences/Previews

Have you tried resetting the program ?
This will default all settings back to factory defaults.
After performing a reset, you will need to re-do all of your custom settings.

Instructions for how to reset here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Have you read what the Help file says ?

Pre-Roll to Cursor
Press Ctrl+Shift+K to play the data before the cursor position for the default pre-roll length.

Notes:
To set the amount of pre- and post-roll that will be played when you preview a cut, choose Preferences from the Options menu and choose the Previews tab. Type values in the Pre-roll and Post-roll boxes in the Cut preview configuration section of the dialog.

If a selection is made the pre-roll will occur for whichever end of the selection is active. To toggle between ends of the selection, use the Home and End keys.

Choose Pre-Roll to Cursor to play the data before the cursor position for the default pre-roll length.

Hold the Shift and Ctrl keys and click the Play Normal button in the data window's playbar...

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 May 2019 13:22 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.851 seconds