Idea Sound Forge Audio studio 13 verses version 12.5

• Thank you received: 30

Sound Forge Audio studio 13 verses version 12.5 was created by pioneer

I don't use version 12.5 very often but it fulfils most of my needs when I do use it. Is there any advantage to upgrading to version 13? If so can somebody please elaborate. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
19 Jan 2020 22:04 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1425

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sound Forge Audio studio 13 verses version 12.5

Hi John

I would stick with version 12 for now.
The final build version ever released was 12.6 (build 361).
If you go to Help/Update Online, you should get the download to start or run the installer file again soundforge_audiostudio12_dlm.exe.

I never got around to reviewing v12.
Version 12 is a bit of an aberration, in that it is nothing like Sony's last and final version and nothing like version 13.
Version 12 actually has more functionality than v13 - I think the software developers at Magix had a free reign to muck around with v12, but then narrowed it down with the release of v13.

There are 2 main functions in v12 that are not in v13:
1. Audio DeNoiser - go to Tools/Audio Restoration/Denoiser
There are 2 options - first is to capture a noise-print and 2nd to process (de-noise).

2. Spectral Display & Spectral Cleaning
Go to View/Spectral Display

You can then switch the edit mode to Spectral Cleaning and use the mouse to drag out a region around noise you want to remove.

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer
20 Jan 2020 13:17 #2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.