VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Soundforge Pro 11 help with custom presets saved location

Hello I recently had to do a clean install of windows and now when i run soundforge pro 11..the presets i created under effects. are not there.. i still have the windows.old file intact and I looked in appdata roming copyed the sony folder...still my presets are not in the drop down menu :s.. I read on another thread on this site that they are saved within the windows registery....but I dont really understand it. I know how to access the registery but how do find the windows.old folder in it?? i dont no how to navigate correctly on it and im lost.
Last Edit:30 Jul 2020 11:45 by fredfuks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Soundforge Pro 11 help with custom presets saved location

Posted 30 Jul 2020 13:25 #2
Hi fredfuks - Welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

If you have done a clean install of Windows, all of your presets would have been deleted, because they live in the Windows Registry.
You should have a done a backup of your Windows Registry Presets folder before you did the clean install.
You can also use the old Sony Preset Manager to backup Presets in the future!
I have an FAQ and download link for the old Sony preset manager here.
Install the preset manager and read the Help file - use this from now onward.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/571-how-do-i-backup-my-audio-presets

The location for Sound Forge presets kept changing with different versions of Sound Forge.
Luckily I also still have Sound Forge Pro 11 installed.

The main locations for presets are in the Windows Registry here:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DirectShow\Presets
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony Media Software\Sound Forge\11.0\Presets
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DirectShow\Presets\FX Packages

I just did some experiments, and most of my presets seem to be stored here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DirectShow\Presets
Inside of the Presets folder will be lots of folders with random characters - in one of these folder will be your presets.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Dec 2020 10:34 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.766 seconds