VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Monitoring sound when digitizing LPs with Sound Forge

I have a large LP collection. I can digitize those records using a turntable and Sound Forge. However, I would like to listen to the tracks as they are transferring from the record to my computer. Is there a way I can do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Monitoring sound when digitizing LPs with Sound Forge

Posted 19 Apr 2021 11:19 #2
Hi AztecWilliam

In my example, I am using Sound Forge Audio Studio 13.

Go to Tools/Vinyl Record and Restoration

In the first windows that pops up, there is a selection that says Monitor Recording Level - turn this on.
What is coming into the computer should then play through your computer's speakers.

If you are having problems with this, you may need to reconfigure your Windows Sound Settings.
Press the Device Properties button to open Sound Settings.
What you see in the Recording and Playback tabs, will all depend on what devices you have connected to the computer - meaning that everyone's computer settings here may be slightly different, depending on the computer you are using and what is connected.
If you have "Gaming" headphones connected or a USB Microphone connected, these can sometimes disable what should be the Default device.
If you have problems, check to see what Windows thinks is the default device - right-click to change defaults.

Regards
Derek 

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds