VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Soundforge 15 very glitchy metering.

Soundforge 15 very glitchy metering. was created by Kniferide

Posted 15 May 2021 11:38 #1
Hi, New user.  

I used to use Sound Forge and Vegas back in the Sony days and liked them both, haven't used SF since V9.  I needed to do some mastering work and bought Soundforge 15 and have had a terrible time with it.  Its super glitchy.  Failure to open files, failure to load plugins, Interface WILL NOT accept my customization.  The worst of it has been the metering.  The Meters all flash and are not smooth moving at all. It almost looks like a low refresh rate problem.  I DO NOT have this problem in Pro Tools, Cubase, Or Reaper and use them all on a regular basis on this machine.  Machine had great specs for audio.  Ryzen 5 3600x, 32GB ram.  It isn't the problem.  Anyone else have these issues?  Has Magix just ruined Sound Forge, because so far this is a lemon?  Also, its amazing that I haven't used this software in 4 full versions and there are barely any real additional features from V.9.  What have they been doing with it?

I would hate to cut my losses and jsut give up on it, but its taking more time than it is worth to me at the moment.  Any assistance would be welcome.  Thanks. 
Last Edit:15 May 2021 12:51 by Kniferide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Soundforge 15 very glitchy metering.

Posted 15 May 2021 13:03 #2
Hi Kniferide

I have not upgraded to Sound Forge Pro 15 yet.
I'm still using version 14 and it works well - I haven't experienced any of the problems you just mentioned.

Version 15 is still a relatively new release.
They may have done a big coding change - I honestly don't know.

I have two recommendations for you:
1. Post your problems on the official MAGIX Forums here:
The developers do read comments from forum users, so this is the best place to ask questions about bugs/performance issues.
www.magix.info/us/audio-forum/sound-forge-pc/

2. You can also send a message to Customer Support here:
www.magix.com/us/support/technical-support/
Go to Pro Audio Support section
Select  Go to Pro Audio Support
Select Contact Forms
You will need to create an account to continue

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 May 2021 13:04 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.757 seconds