VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sound Forge not getting audio signal

Sound Forge not getting audio signal was created by SoundForgeVoiceOverGuy

Posted 05 Jan 2022 02:22 #1
I'm using Windows 7, Sound Forge 9 build 441, a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 interface.

Playback of previously reocorded audio works fine.

I've used this set up for years and have never had this problem. My SF meters in RECORD mode read at about -70db and don't budge when I send a signal from the Focusrite to my computer. The Focusrite Saffire Mix software responds to the input (meters bounce as they should) but SF just doesn't get the audio. Record and Playback in both the Windows Sound Control Panel and in Sound Forge are set to the Saffire. I'm guessing I hit a hot key accidentally and it changed something that would be very simple to undo but I can't figure it out.

Again, the audio is getting to my computer as the meters in the Saffire Mix Control indicate, but Sound Forge records nothing nor do its meters respond.

Thanks for any help.
Last Edit:06 Jan 2022 08:25 by SoundForgeVoiceOverGuy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by SoundForgeVoiceOverGuy on topic Sound Forge not getting audio signal

Posted 05 Jan 2022 02:31 #2
Problem solved. It was the same issue I had back in 2017. The mapping in the Sound Forge Options>Preferences...audio tab were not correct. The strange thing is I had tried changing that before I posted my question and it didn't seem to work. I tried it again (after readying my post from 2017) and this time it worked. It's bizarre how these things can change without seemingly without my doing anything to affect them.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sound Forge not getting audio signal

Posted 06 Jan 2022 08:28 #3
If you ever do a reset of the program, all settings will get defaulted back to factory defaults.
Every time I reset a program, I have to remember to change my custom settings.

I have also noticed that sometimes Windows will default program settings - I have never been able to work out why or how this happens.

Thanks for reporting back with solution.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:49 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.740 seconds