VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to add/insert a music file with Sound Forge Pro 14

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

How to add/insert a music file with Sound Forge Pro 14 was created by pioneer

Posted 30 Jan 2022 02:22 #1
Good afternoon. I have a piece of music that I wish to add/insert/merge a cymbal crash file into the main piece of music at various points , what is the best way to achieve this please. Or is it not possible?  I would prefer to do this in Soundforge Pro14, but I have figured out a workaround to do it in Sonicfire 6.  thank you John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:30 Jan 2022 11:44 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to add/insert a music file with Sound Forge Pro 14

Posted 30 Jan 2022 11:41 #2
Technically speaking, the best tool to use would be a Music Creation program like Acid Music Studio, Acid Pro, Magix Music Maker, Magix Samplitude, etc...
All of these programs use multiple tracks, so you would just add the cymbal crash onto a track above, at the points it needs to be.

Sound Forge is not really set up for creating (constructing) original music.
Sound Forge is for Editing, Cleaning, Mastering, etc...

The solution I would use for a one off project
However, if you have Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio, you could use those programs to do the same thing.
Vegas can be used a Music creation program as well - it's not limited to only Video creation.
In Vegas you can render/output to .wav or .mp3 audio file only.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Jan 2022 11:45 by DoctorZen

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Replied by pioneer on topic How to add/insert a music file with Sound Forge Pro 14

Posted 30 Jan 2022 20:26 #3
Good morning Derek.  Of course you are right.  I had not considered using Vegas Pro.  thanks once again.
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:54 by pioneer
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds