VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Issue with pan/crop/and zoom.

Issue with pan/crop/and zoom. was created by Truffleshuffle03

Posted 27 Aug 2016 08:19 #1
I can resize the position box but I cant move it around it wants to stay on the center no matter what. I can move it left and right but I can't move it up and down. I want to zoom in a the corner of a video clip i am trying to edit but it won't let me move the position box to the corner even with a smapp position square. it only allows me to movie it left and right but not up and down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Issue with pan/crop/and zoom.

Posted 27 Aug 2016 08:36 #2
Hi Truffleshuffle03,

Sounds like you may have the 'X axis only' selected which only allows horizontal movement. Here is a quoted section from the 'Index Help'

4. To reposition the selection box, click in the middle of the selection area and drag to a new position. To type a specific location, expand the Position heading on the left side of the window and type new values in the X Center and Y Center boxes.

When Move Freely is selected, you can move the selection box along the X or Y axis. When Move in X Only is selected, you can only move the selection box horizontally. When Move in Y Only is selected, you can only move the selection box vertically.

Here is a screenshot as to what you need to left-click on to change the movement, it toggles through 3 settings as described above, X only, Y only and freely both X and Y. That should allow you to zoom in on the corners. Hope this helps.

Best Regards......George
Last Edit:28 Aug 2016 16:12 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Truffleshuffle03

Replied by Truffleshuffle03 on topic Issue with pan/crop/and zoom.

Posted 27 Aug 2016 09:07 #3

Eagle Six wrote: Hi Truffleshuffle03,

Sounds like you may have the 'X axis only' selected which only allows horizontal movement. Here is a quoted section from the 'Index Help'

4. To reposition the selection box, click in the middle of the selection area and drag to a new position. To type a specific location, expand the Position heading on the left side of the window and type new values in the X Center and Y Center boxes.

When Move Freely is selected, you can move the selection box along the X or Y axis. When Move in X Only is selected, you can only move the selection box horizontally. When Move in Y Only is selected, you can only move the selection box vertically.

Here is a screenshot as to what you need to left-click on to change the movement, it toggles through 3 settings as described above, X only, Y only and freely both X and Y. That should allow you to zoom in on the corners. Hope this helps.

Yep that would be it. Not sure why it was locked as I never messed with the switches. It just somehow happened randomly out of the blue. It was working find on my last project and I closed it and when I started this one it was some how locked. Thanks alot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Issue with pan/crop/and zoom.

Posted 27 Aug 2016 09:13 #4
I haven't kept track, but if I did I would be embarrased to admit how many times between Pan and Crop and Track Motion I have gotten the X's and Y's messed up, and I'm a pilot!!!!
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Truffleshuffle03

Replied by Truffleshuffle03 on topic Issue with pan/crop/and zoom.

Posted 28 Aug 2016 02:50 #5

Eagle Six wrote: I haven't kept track, but if I did I would be embarrased to admit how many times between Pan and Crop and Track Motion I have gotten the X's and Y's messed up, and I'm a pilot!!!!

Lol ya i know what you mean. I have never got that messed up before but I get the project windows all out of shape almost every time when I edit.
Last Edit:28 Aug 2016 02:51 by Truffleshuffle03

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.998 seconds